/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / ECG Primer Applications

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2008-02-22 20:54:18 ECG Primer Applications (project: ECG Primer 1.0)

jingxizhang

ECG Primer Applications (project: ECG Primer 1.0)

Primer developers,
I need your creative brain to help me for the ECG Primer applications.
jingxi

# 2   2008-02-22 20:55:46 ECG Primer Applications (project: ECG Primer 1.0)

jingxizhang

Re: ECG Primer Applications (project: ECG Primer 1.0)

I had some thought on ECG Primer usages:

- Biofeedback: In the modern society people are always getting emotional stretches (lost in stock trading?).The heart rate and blood pressure increasing is not good for the health. Biofeedback can help the calm down the emotion states such as angry, frustrating, fear, anxious and etc, and recover the cardiovascular conditions. The ECG Primer can give the user the ECG information and the instant heart rate feedback when he/she is trying to adjust the way for relaxation.
http://aycu35.webshots.com/image/45154/2004413888990067765_rs.jpg

- ECG On Bicycle: You can extend the 2 electrode lead to the bicycle handles. When user is riding a bicycle his/her ECG trace and instant heart rate can display in front. With the timer and heart rate, the Primer can estimate the calorie being consumed.
http://aycu19.webshots.com/image/46338/2004144162241247212_rs.jpg

- ECG On Steering wheel: By extend the 2 electrode leads to the automobile steering wheel ECG primer can monitor the driver’s emotional status. The ECG trace and instant heart rate can warning the driver if it is safe to drive the car. The sleep/wake state can also affect the heart rate. When the driver feels sleepy and drowsing, the heart rate is decreasing and ECG Primer can alarm the driver about dangers.
http://aycu06.webshots.com/image/46085/2004162299591493825_rs.jpg

- ECG On game paddle or controller: can monitor the user attention and fear.

- ECG On exercise match: Monitor the heart and energy conditions.

Welcome any suggestion for the ECG Primer applications.

Best regards,

Jingxi

# 3   2008-02-23 00:27:20 ECG Primer Applications (project: ECG Primer 1.0)

jingxizhang

- Lie Detector: Another ECG Primer application is for the lie detection. When a person tells lies under the questioning, the heart rate is increasing and skin is sweating. Skin sweating could make a better contact to the ECG electrodes and the stronger and faster signal will should be seen on ECG trace.
http://aycu15.webshots.com/image/45894/2001941732846422337_rs.jpg

# 4   2008-02-23 11:02:48 ECG Primer Applications (project: ECG Primer 1.0)

tybos

Well, I have to say you've got many ideas ... but I don't think these could be either fun or useful !
To start, there will be a very restricted number of people who will modify there Primer to get your project work and much less who will be likely to modify their bike or their steering wheel !!
I think there are many widgets that will do the trick and which will be much more reliable ...

But again, I'm impressed by your imagination !
Go on with this frame of mind.

Regards
Tybos

# 5   2008-02-23 19:33:17 ECG Primer Applications (project: ECG Primer 1.0)

jingxizhang

Hi Tybos,
Thank you for the comments. You did very good job on your Canyon game project. You have very clear coding style and I think it could be very educational for other developers. I especially like the scrolling technique and I think it is very creative. Congratulations for your work!
I am a guy likes new technologies and new ideas. I don’t think we should limit our imagination and ideas in creating new projects. Throwing ideas could help stimulate other people’s mind and the brainstorming could have some unexpected results. Some ideas could be done with efforts although some of them might not practical limited by the resources. Of cause in comparison with other commercial available ECG machine or other gadgets the ECG primer is very primitive. But in many embedded applications we don’t need to use the ECG machine with price tag of thousands of dollars (even the ECG leads could cost $300). In the same way, you can not compare the STM32 Primary games with Playstation or Xbox games. I think all the games posted are very good. The fun is the creative – you need to make the nice game or gadgets from the small, low cost and resource limiting platform.
I think the STM32 Primer is a very well designed development platform. When the FAE put it on my office desk, I was immediately attracted by its compact size, the bright color LCD display, the creative accelerometer driving control style and well thought peripherals. Although I tried the other company’s ARM Cortex M3 microcontroller on the earlier contest and became the winner (French Yahoo, PRNewWire and Circuit Cellar Article), I found STM32 has more technically advantages over the Luminary Micros LM3S811 microcontroller. The LM3S811 lacks of DMA channels. I have to use many CPU cycles for moving the data sampled from the ADC. The STM32 even has the built-in USB controller but LM3S811 does not have (I had to use another chip on board and went through serial simulation for the USB connection). The Raisonance 132x132 bright color LCD is much more impressive than the 16x96 monochrome OLED display on the LM3S811 evaluation board. I also very impressed by the Raisonance small footprint OS which the developer much easier to access the low-level registers. I think the STM32 Primer should be a development platform not just limited by game applications (although the games are very import area in the STM32 society) but also a platform for the other embedded developments. I think Raisonance has thought about this and planed the extension socket footprint J1 on the Primer PCB. It is true, as you said, many developers may not want modify the hardware. I think it is will be benefit to all the developers if in the next version the STM32 Primer package can be change to allow a tiny add-on card plug into the J1 socket. It can be used to create a lot practical gadgets, such a tilt meter with a laser beam alignment, ultrasound meter with space calculator, etc. The application developer can get the add-in card without worry about the soldering.
I hope every developers in the STM32 circle doing well! wink
Regards,
Jingxi

# 6   2008-02-23 21:03:33 ECG Primer Applications (project: ECG Primer 1.0)

tybos

Thanks for the compliment ... I had great teachers and I'm about to leave school so courses are still fresh in my mind !!

Concerning your ECG, since it gives no relevant medical information, I thought it will be more comparable with cheap sports devices ... which would fit better with your ideas !

I felt obliged to say a word about the ideas you put forward because it seemed to me a bit irrealistic ... (especially the Lie detector thing !!).
But ideas you just mentionned can be much more interesting (from my point of view).

Regards
Tybos

# 7   2008-02-25 18:09:18 ECG Primer Applications (project: ECG Primer 1.0)

kevinccc

I like lie dector, if somebody can code for this, I really appiciate it. I will bring this to my lovers and test them.
big_smile

Last edited by kevinccc (2008-02-25 18:24:26)

# 8   2008-02-27 07:23:18 ECG Primer Applications (project: ECG Primer 1.0)

foster

jingxizhang:
I like your ECG application ideas. I have a naive thought for ECG application: can ECG signal be a biometric authentication parameter? I am not sure if each person's ECG has its unique personality. If so, you can log into your account by touching the two thumbs to the ECG device and having the processor to analyse the ECG patterns and verify the person.

# 9   2008-02-27 12:11:42 ECG Primer Applications (project: ECG Primer 1.0)

Pierre

Hello jingxizhang,

Very good job, I like your ECG Primer application (about the quality and the creativity).

Best regards
Pierre

# 10   2008-02-28 20:42:46 ECG Primer Applications (project: ECG Primer 1.0)

jingxizhang

Hi foster,
Thank you. You have very good suggestion. I am not sure if each person has a unique ECG pattern. However, because the ECG waves are varied by the person’s condition it is very difficult to use it as the individual signature.
Regards,

Jingxi

# 11   2011-01-08 05:48:21 ECG Primer Applications (project: ECG Primer 1.0)

10code

Hi Jingxi,

Can i please have your skype/gtalk ID! I want to discuss with you regarding ECG.
Please mail me on hemanth.tce@gmail.com
My Skyper ID hemanth.zilog

Regards,
Hemanth

# 12   2011-02-14 11:49:10 ECG Primer Applications (project: ECG Primer 1.0)

giribee

Hi Jingxi I am working on ECG based solution and i was interested in using your solution,
we  have ported your code we are facing some problem in preamplifier ckt.

Will you be able to ship some spare boards for our prototype,once proof of concept is done then we are ready to discuss the commercial terms.

Please let me know your response. My Id is girish18@gmail.com

# 13   2011-08-02 05:11:28 ECG Primer Applications (project: ECG Primer 1.0)

adamricky

Lie Detector: Another ECG Primer application is for the lie detection. When a person tells lies under the questioning, the heart rate is increasing and skin is sweating. Skin sweating could make a better contact to the ECG electrodes and the stronger and faster signal will should be seen on ECG trace.
http://aycu15.webshots.com/image/45894/ … 337_rs.jpg

Board footer