/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / How to get less than a second timing? (Primer2)

Username:     
Password:     

Forum
  • Index
  •  » circleOS
  •  » How to get less than a second timing? (Primer2)

# 1   2009-04-27 17:49:02 How to get less than a second timing? (Primer2)

KPexEA

How to get less than a second timing? (Primer2)

I realize that the RTC returns hours / minutes / seconds, is there a way to get less than a second timing information??

PS: I wrote my own emulator to simulate my Primer2 over the weekend, it's not ready for release yet, hopefully soon. Its runs most of the sample games so far. It runs on win / linux & mac and is using my open-source c++ framework. It really helped to understand how the whole OS & hardware works.

http://code.google.com/p/kgui/

Thanks
Kevin

# 2   2009-04-27 21:32:30 How to get less than a second timing? (Primer2)

kubsztal

Re: How to get less than a second timing? (Primer2)

Hi Kevin!
I have few questions... What is a speed of your emulator in comparison to real primer2? Did you use RTL or TLM approach? Is your emulator cycle accurate? Did you write it in pure C/C++ or did you use e.g. SystemC library? Is it possible to simulate two primers at the same time and some communication between them (via IRDA, UART, CAN, SPI, etc.)? Thanks in advance for info!

# 3   2009-04-27 21:50:51 How to get less than a second timing? (Primer2)

KPexEA

It's in c / c++ and essentially you compile your code along with the emulator. It just emulates the mems / joystick and lcd display (so far). It's mainly for quick code development / prototyping and debugging. I mainly program in c++ and since the Primer2 doesn't support debugging c++ my idea is to use my "emulator" to debug my c++ code fully so that I can run my compiled c++ code on the Primer2 once it is fully debugged. As for speed, it runs the games that I've tested it with at about 2-3x speed. I haven't optimzied it yet, it re-draws the whole screen every time so I should be able to get it much faster with a little bit of work.

# 4   2009-04-28 07:04:20 How to get less than a second timing? (Primer2)

Francis
Administrator

Kevin,
If you agree, it would be nice to post you Primer2 emulator as a project. It could help, and perhaps some other guys would add some missing features...
Thanks

• Index
  •  » circleOS
  •  » How to get less than a second timing? (Primer2)

Board footer