/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Loading application to STM Primer

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2009-02-13 21:01:11 Loading application to STM Primer (project: Maze 1.1)

spreetsingh

Loading application to STM Primer (project: Maze 1.1)

I want to load Maze application on my stm32 primer. How do I do this - using the RIDE7 or any other way? Is there a process to follow. Can some one can give me the step by step process
Thanks
I have tried adding maze.o with add_to_circle.bat but it is not able to do that.

*** Launching : circle_mgr.exe AMaze.o L S

Circle_Mgr: software for managing CircleOS appli
Copyright Raisonance 2007.

Connecting to RLink... OK
Connecting to target... OK
Reading target IdCode... OK
          IdCode read: 0x3BA00477
          Silicon Revision Id: 0x00006410.
          Option bytes: RDP=0xA5, USER=0xFF, WRP
OK
Reading FAT table...

At this point I get the circle_mgr.exe error that it has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Also, I noticed that the unit I have has OS version 1.3    24KB
App 1 8KB

Available space 96KB - Does this mean that we can load number of applications as long as the total memory used is less than 128 KB

Is the OS version correct to download the files?

Any ideas

Last edited by spreetsingh (2009-02-13 22:33:46)

# 2   2009-02-14 04:46:09 Loading application to STM Primer (project: Maze 1.1)

Francis
Administrator

Re: Loading application to STM Primer (project: Maze 1.1)

Yes, the batch files 'add_to_circle.bat' are supposed to work. They are the simplest way to load multiple applications. And Yes, you can fill the whole available FLASH with different applications. That's the principle.
RIDE7 allows to load a single application to debug it. It erases everything and reload CircleOS and a simple FAT at every debug session.
It should work, and I don't understand what happens. The same mechanism s used since the very first version of Primer1/CircleOS.
Another limitation could be the available space  for the FAT. If you recompiled CircleOS with a lower level of optimization, you would have fill the FAT (that is at the top of the 24KB). But if you kept the original binary code (for CircleOS), you are supposed to have at least 64 entries in the FAT.

# 3   2009-02-16 06:01:23 Loading application to STM Primer (project: Maze 1.1)

spreetsingh

Can I provide any other information from the device or any other data that will help in identifying the issue?

# 4   2009-02-16 08:33:58 Loading application to STM Primer (project: Maze 1.1)

matloub

Hi

What we would need to know to identify the issue:

1. Ride7 and RKit-ARM software version you use.
    If you do not have the version 7.16.0000 and 1.16.0930 please make a trial with new ones.
    http://www.mcu-raisonance.com/mcu_downloads.html

2. What is the primer you have, is it primer1 or primer2

3. Depending on the primer you have make a trial with examples under "Examples\ARM\Primer\"(starting from your installation folder) and let us know the result.

Regards,
Matloub

Board footer