/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Undefined reference to main - toggle with circleOS

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2014-03-14 02:09:23 Undefined reference to main - toggle with circleOS

bartosz.tarnowski

Undefined reference to main - toggle with circleOS

Hi,
Today I started with Primer and it was unexpected annoying. I though that: I have nice evaluation tool and nice environment...  and then true reality appeared.

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
I worked with the STM32 Primer Manual and I followed instructions for modify the example.
When I launched the Debug mode I got this:

Code:

Building C:\Program Files\Raisonance\Ride\Examples\ARM\Primer\STM32\toggle_with_CircleOS\toggle_with_CircleOS.rapp 
 Running : LD 
 \"C:\Program Files\Raisonance\Ride\arm-gcc\bin\arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe" -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb  -Wl,-T -Xlinker "C:\Program Files\Raisonance\Ride\Examples\ARM\Primer\STM32\toggle_with_CircleOS\toggle_with_CircleOS.elf.ld" -u _start -Wl,-static -Wl,--gc-sections -nostartfiles -Wl,-Map -Xlinker "C:\Program Files\Raisonance\Ride\Examples\ARM\Primer\STM32\toggle_with_CircleOS\toggle_with_CircleOS.map"   
 C:\Program Files\Raisonance\Ride\lib\ARM\crt0_STM32x.o: In function `Reset_Handler':  
 crt0_STM32x.c:(.text.Reset_Handler+0x56): undefined reference to `main'  
 collect2: ld returned 1 exit status  

Build failed

I have Ride7 IDE 7.01.0002 from small CD I got with STM32 Primer
Can anyone help me?

# 2   2014-03-14 08:59:35 Undefined reference to main - toggle with circleOS

Etienne.C
Administrator

Re: Undefined reference to main - toggle with circleOS

Hello,

Your software is outdated, and several problems have been fixed since.
Please find the last release at http://support-raisonance.com/extranet/ … ool__id__7.
Which Primer version do you have?
Primer1
Primer2
EVOPrimer
Please, read the informations about the different primer on our "RESSOURCES" page.

Best regards,

# 3   2014-03-14 20:13:04 Undefined reference to main - toggle with circleOS

bartosz.tarnowski

Hello,
I installed new version RKit-ARM 1.52.13.0324 Ride 7.48.13.0324.
I worked with AVR32 Studio free environment for UC3A1512
I worked with toolchains - free environment for LPC2378
I worked witch CodeComposerStudio  for TMS320F2812
And now I try to work with Ride7 and it is terrible.

I have Primer1 and I have some projects for it, also I have additional projects from USB book but not for Primer. I started 3 days ago and any project built with success.
Oh no, sorry, one built success but it doesn't work on device, Program is ok, debugging works ok, but debugger doesn't see any changes on the ports.
Now with new Ride7 this one project which before built with success now dosn't build with success - Error code 0x1

It is really terrible environment.

# 4   2014-03-17 16:57:36 Undefined reference to main - toggle with circleOS

Etienne.C
Administrator

Hello,

Did you tried the examples provided in ride7?
Are you working with the API CircleOS or not? Did you download and compile different projects from http://www.stm32circle.com/projects/list.php?primer=1?
Did you read the different documentation provided in this page: http://www.stm32circle.com/projects/circleos.php and http://www.stm32circle.com/resources/stm32primer.php?
The Primer1 is quite old (more than 5 years) but it still working and tested for the last version of ride7

The error you got can have a lot causes. it seems that your Linker startup and scripts are not well set:
$1:
set "NO" to "use default Startup"
set "$(RkitLib)\ARM\CircleOS\Application_Startup.o" to startup file
set "NO" to "use GCC Startup"

$1:
set "NO" to "use default Script File"
set "$(ApplicationDir)\Circle_App.ld" to Script File

Board footer