/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / USB RLink Connection Problem

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2014-02-05 14:15:58 USB RLink Connection Problem

hollaender

USB RLink Connection Problem

Hi,
I have just bough a new STM3242IPrimer (STMPRIMER-BASE/01-0 + STM3242IPRIM-D/01-0) and I am having problems with RLink connection over USB (PC running WinXP SP3). Installation of Ride7 (7.48.13.0324)  and RKit-ARM (1.52.13.0324) went OK, there was not error message indicating any problem.

When I now tried to connect the primer (USB DEBUG) to the PC, the PC ended up with a message "USB Device not recognized". An 'Unknown device' is listed in the USB section of the device manager.

I reproduced all steps for removing and reinstalling the driver (described in "RLink getting Started") , but this did not help. I also tried different USB ports on the PC, no effect.

The 'BUSY LED' (I assume this is the one next to the joystick) IS NOT ON after plugging in the RLink, which I think may be an indication of the problem cause (firmware?, ESD problem?), but I do not know what to do/test next. All other functions of the Primer seem to be OK.

Thanks a lot in advance for any suggestions.
Igor

# 2   2014-02-06 09:08:17 USB RLink Connection Problem

hollaender

Re: USB RLink Connection Problem

Update:
I tested the Primer box with another PC (Win7 SP1). I installed Ride7 with the respective Win7 RLink driver. The symptoms are the same (BUSY LED not on, PC reports 'USB Device not recognized'). I am afraid, this is a Primer hardware problem. I try to get another base.

# 3   2014-02-07 14:21:28 USB RLink Connection Problem

Etienne.C
Administrator

Hello,

The busy led is not the one close to the jostick.
The first thing to see if there is a connexion between the Primer and the PC:
* Remove the daughter board
* Plug the USB cable to the primer and the PC
* switch on the primer using the press botton

You should see on the screen:
"waiting for connection...."
then
"waiting for command..."

The busy led is situated on the bottom of the PCB close to the entrance of the daughter board. Revert the Primer an switch on, you should see for 5 seconds at your left an orange led.

Concerning the driver:

You can find the driver on your Ride7 directory installation at C:\Raisonance\Ride\Driver\RLinkDrv\RLinkUSBInstall.exe.
If you want to have it from our FTP you can download it at ftp://ftp.raisonance.com/temp/driver/RLinkDrv.rar

Let us if it solved your issue

Best regards,

# 4   2014-02-10 08:35:16 USB RLink Connection Problem

hollaender

Etienne, thanks.

Now I see what the Busy LED is. I reproduced what you suggested. After plugging in the USB cable, the base screen shows 'waiting for connection..', the orange LED is on, PC shows 'USB device not recognized' and this states lasts forever (the BUSY LED keeps to be on), until I plug out the USB cable.
Might this be a symptom of defective hardware?

# 5   2014-02-10 15:36:32 USB RLink Connection Problem

Etienne.C
Administrator

Hello,

Did you managed to install the USB driver?
Before to install the latest version of ride7 and Rkit-ARM, did you installed an older version on your PC?
If yes, there is maybe a conflict between the old and the latest release.
I suggest to do a clean uninstall of Ride7 and the Rkit:
Please use this small application and install again the latest version of Ride7 and Rkit-ARM:
ftp://www.raisonance.com/pub/Utils/unin … onance.zip

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

# 6   2014-02-12 09:58:41 USB RLink Connection Problem

hollaender

Salut Etienne,
I cleaned the installation using your utility, and reinstalled Ride7 and Rkit-ARM again (btw, I always respond 'YES' to the installator question, whether or not the RLInk USB driver should be installed). Unfortunately, this did not help (Primer BASE is still 'Waiting for connexion...', orange LED is on, PC reports 'USB Device not recognized').

I guess, if this were a driver problem, the PC would 'recognize' the device, albeit this identification is wrong.
Regards,

# 7   2014-02-12 15:59:50 USB RLink Connection Problem

Etienne.C
Administrator

Hi,

Can you confirm that Ride7 and Rkit-arm are installed in C:\Raisonance\Ride.
Did you install the software with administrator rights?
Could you, please, install again the driver with the administrator rights:
Right click on $1: "install as administrator".

Best regards,

# 8   2014-02-14 10:59:43 USB RLink Connection Problem

hollaender

Hi Etienne,

I managed to get another Primer Base, plugged that one in and everything works perfectly fine!
This was indeed a hardware problem.

Thank you very much for your valuable support.
Best wishes from
Igor

Board footer