/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Strange Error : !!!!!!!!! FLASH IS FULL !!!!!!!!!

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2012-12-18 13:10:05 Strange Error : !!!!!!!!! FLASH IS FULL !!!!!!!!!

softy

Strange Error : !!!!!!!!! FLASH IS FULL !!!!!!!!!

Hi ,
I am getting this error while Building :

Building <location to app>MyApp.rapp
Running: LD Linker
"C:\Ride\arm-gcc\bin\arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe" -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -Wl,-T -Xlinker "<location to app>MyApp.rapp\objdebug\Myapp.elf.ld" -u _start -Wl,-static -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,-Map -Xlinker "<location to app>MyApp\objdebug\MyApp.map" -N -nostartfiles   
<location to app>\MyApp\objdebug\MyApp.elf.ld:42: undefined symbol `!!!!!!!!! FLASH IS FULL !!!!!!!!!' referenced in expression 
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status 
  Error Code: 0x1

Build failed

Is it due to the limited size of Flash available for the code in Lite Versopn Of Ride7.I have registered the lite version.

What is the exact size of Debuggable code for Open4 STM32G target.The CircleOS_Conception.pdf on this site doesn't provide any information for Open4 STM32G target.
Also How can I determine the size of the code while coding(Coded So far).
Plz provide the usefull comments.
Rgds,
Softy

Last edited by softy (2012-12-18 13:12:49)

" Pain is temporary, Quitting Lasts for ever"

# 2   2012-12-19 11:01:53 Strange Error : !!!!!!!!! FLASH IS FULL !!!!!!!!!

Etienne.C
Administrator

Re: Strange Error : !!!!!!!!! FLASH IS FULL !!!!!!!!!

Hello,

RLink-STD (and Primer, REva, Evo-Primer, Open4, etc.) used with RKit-ARM Lite are limited to a code size of half the target device's Flash or 64 K bytes, whichever is smallest.
You can read more information on the link below:

http://support-raisonance.com/extranet/ … ?doc_id=12

To avoid Linker or programming size problems you should inactivate the "Starter kit limited" in LD Linker->Script.

If your are using a CircleOS it's different but you can read all the information at p18 from the link below:

http://www.stm32circle.com/resources/do … manual.pdf

To know the allow size for coding, you can open the LD file who is in your project (*.ld).

Regards,
Etienne

# 3   2012-12-19 11:47:44 Strange Error : !!!!!!!!! FLASH IS FULL !!!!!!!!!

softy

Thanks !! Yes it get builded successfully now but is it acceptable?.Will my code not do malfunctioning.I am curious to know.
What will be the name and location of this .ld file I have  3 *.lds lying there.IS it Circle_App_OP4_32L or Circle_App_OP4 or Circle_App.ld file.
I dont wnat to know the allow size of coding , I want to know the current Size of coding.Say for example I am coding and in between I want to know the code - size so that I will restrain my code from increasing the size in the middle.
Rgds,
Softy

# 4   2012-12-19 11:57:35 Strange Error : !!!!!!!!! FLASH IS FULL !!!!!!!!!

softy

Also I have just checked that now My application option is not coming in the Main Menu Options Now ?hmm !!!
Can I see any Memory Window and see the Memory content exceeding the range to cross verify !!

The Other Line of the error was :

c:/ride/arm-gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.5.2/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: C:\tmp\apps\EVO_STM32\App\objdebug\App.elf section `.text' will not fit in region `FLASH'

I manually added all the current text sections(written in front of the source files) and it comes out to be 17852 ( I think Bytes , correct !! ) , I tried removing few codes from the Application.c whihc made its .text section reduced by > 200 Bytes but still I got the same error above.

Rgds,
Softy

Last edited by softy (2012-12-20 04:32:41)

# 5   2012-12-20 12:43:55 Strange Error : !!!!!!!!! FLASH IS FULL !!!!!!!!!

Etienne.C
Administrator

Hello,

With the STM32F_CircleOS with Lite License the code size is limited to 64 K bytes. however The CircleOS take 48K, that means you still have 16k for you application.
with 17800 bytes is logically too big.

There are 3 solutions:

* you should reduce your code until 16K
* try to optimize the code (GCC Compiler->Optimize->Optimization level->Size optimization)
* buy a PRO version license

Regards,
Etienne

Board footer