/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / USB not finding device-RIDE7-Virtual COM port project example-E-Eval

Username:     
Password:     

Forum
  • Index
  •  » STM32 Family
  •  » USB not finding device-RIDE7-Virtual COM port project example-E-Eval

# 1   2012-10-15 13:34:13 USB not finding device-RIDE7-Virtual COM port project example-E-Eval

DanielB33

USB not finding device-RIDE7-Virtual COM port project example-E-Eval

I have read through the other posts regarding similar problems. I have reason to believe my problem is simpler, just having to do with myself not being familiar with something like compiler options.

My process went as follows:
Loaded the virtual COM port driver from ST.
Downloaded the most recent version of RIDE7.
Downloaded the virtual com port example through STM32FS-Device_Liv_V.3.40.
Ran the program, but recived the message "Unknown device." Device is not found in device manager. No driver found.
When loading ANY other STM32F1 USB project example (HID, Mass Storage, etc.) they enumerate just fine.
I contacted STM and received a hex file from them to test their version of the virtual com port, when compiling and running their hex file, the STM321E-Eval board enumerates just fine. Any idea what this could be??? Does this mean that I just have a different setting in compiler options or that I have a different line un-commented?

Unfortunately, that was all the help I got from ST, proof that it is something I am doing wrong, but no help as to what that is.

Thanks for your help.

• Index
  •  » STM32 Family
  •  » USB not finding device-RIDE7-Virtual COM port project example-E-Eval

Board footer