/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / STM32W108B-SK

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2012-08-31 15:52:44 STM32W108B-SK

Kazzz

STM32W108B-SK

Hello,

I have one of these kits and I can run the demo programs. What I would like to now do is try to program the boards (MB851) that the kit comes with to send back data via the Zigbee module. The problem I have is that I can not find any example code or tutorials on how to program the Primer 2 or the MB851 to do these things. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kazzz

# 2   2012-09-06 10:21:43 STM32W108B-SK

Fix_Metal

Re: STM32W108B-SK

The only examples on the web are included in the SimpleMAC library, from ST.
Download Atollic Truestudio, the ST SimpleMAC 1.1.0 library and read the (weak) documentation about it. There's 4 (or 5, can't remember) examples in there, including project files for both IAR and Atollic. The main feature about Atollic is that it's easy to use, it has auto-complete functions and it's free - except for the code size limit, which is very difficoult to reach if you use it properly. Use code-size optimizations and don't use functions like scanf, for which you'd have to include a huge library (stdio.h).
Creating a new project will be the worst thing ever. Consider that:
-you should include all the simplemac libraries (small printf and gnu simplemac library itself)
-you should enable all the code-size optimizations
-you should properly setup Compiler/Assembler settings and Debug settings.

The great thing about Atollic is there's a wizard for creating a new project, which simplifies a bit the whole thing. Remember to create an embedded project and select the right hardware you're working on (MB851 and MB950 uses STM32W108CB, MB951 uses STM32W108HB).
I'm still digging on how to use the MB850 board for using Primer2 just as I use MB950 and MB951 (STM32F103 used just for Virtual COM relay for programming the STM32W itself).
Lemme know!

Board footer