/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / CircleOS source

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2007-08-22 07:30:53 CircleOS source

titelive63

CircleOS source

Is the CirclEOS source available? It would be nice to have for instance the low-level drivers such as the mems driver.

Titelive

# 2   2007-08-22 08:06:32 CircleOS source

lionel
Website

Re: CircleOS source

very soon, in the next version of CircleOS on this website.

Lionel

# 3   2007-08-22 15:11:09 CircleOS source

Francis
Administrator

The source files of the CircleOS are provided with the version V1.3:
   http://www.stm32circle.com/projects/project.php?id=10
Francis

# 4   2007-10-13 19:33:21 CircleOS source

NickK

Hi,
I've downloaded the source/project for CircleOS and have been trying to run through it.

I've tried to set breakpoints so that I can follow how the machine is being initialised but the IDE ignors/clears the breakpoints.

Does anyone know how to enable breakpoints for this project? I'm having trouble getting a feel for this IDE.

Thanks, Nick.

# 5   2007-10-16 09:21:24 CircleOS source

Francis
Administrator

There was a bug on the first version of the CD ROM image: when 2 breakpoints are set on 2 consecutive half-word addresses in the same 32-bit word... the management of the breakpoint was broken. It could also occured when stepping execution from a breakpoint (when the next C line is on the next half-word).

This bug has been fixed in the current image of the CD ROM that you can download from the "Resource" page. Note that the new version offers also many improvements..

# 6   2007-10-17 05:35:35 CircleOS source

rondesc

Additionally you may be experiencing what I did when I first tried to debug the CircleOS1.4
Compile/assemble switches were set in a way which apparently prevented break points.
Check & do this as needed:
In Ride7 select menu item "Project - Properties" then "GCC compiler - Compiler Output" and set "Debugging Information" to 'Debug'.
For good measure set "AS assembler - Assembler options - Debug" to 'Yes'
So let me know if that does it for you.
Ron

# 7   2007-10-17 07:20:10 CircleOS source

Francis
Administrator

Last thing: debugging looks very strange when the optimization level is set to the maximum. It's recommended to switch off the optimization (at least for the file being debugged) for debugging.

# 8   2007-10-17 16:44:46 CircleOS source

NickK

rondesc :

Additionally you may be experiencing what I did when I first tried to debug the CircleOS1.4
Compile/assemble switches were set in a way which apparently prevented break points.
Check & do this as needed:
In Ride7 select menu item "Project - Properties" then "GCC compiler - Compiler Output" and set "Debugging Information" to 'Debug'.
For good measure set "AS assembler - Assembler options - Debug" to 'Yes'
So let me know if that does it for you.
Ron

Hi All,

I tried setting 'Debug' for the compiler (and assembler) as well as 'No optimization' for the version of Ride that came on CD. I have just retried everything with the latest version of the IDE and still there are no pink boxes to put breakpoints in once we start debug session.

I can set breakpoints in other Projects (and could with the Ride that came on CD) but just not with the OS project.

I've now created my own project from scratch and added the '.c' and '.h' files that I need to set up the STM32 Primer hardware; I can now write code in this 'shell' project so that I can 'learn the micro'.

Thanks to everyone.
Nick.

# 9   2007-10-17 18:29:22 CircleOS source

Francis
Administrator

I just checked: after opening the  "circle" project, I found the exact same situation (no debugging information). However, after setting "Debug" for "Debugging  information", and rebuilding the project, everything wokrs fine.
To change this option, select in the "Project Windows" the "Circle" application, then (popup menu) run "Properties" for the application, then GCC| Compiler Output.
Note that if you select a single node (a C source file), the setting will be change only for the selected node.

# 10   2007-10-17 21:04:35 CircleOS source

NickK

(quote=Francis)I just checked: after opening the  "circle" project...quote..

Hi again,

It still doesn't work for me, I'm afraid. I've tried what you said and all other combinations I can think of.
I even tried to set 'Debugging Information' for the FAT node; this just gave a build error (that won't go away).

Is it something to do with demo/full versions of Ride? Maybe a project made with the unlimited version won't recompile properly on the restricted version (or something like that)? I don't know.

I'm thinking of making a video to put on Youtube to show what I'm doing then someone might be able to say if I'm doing something wrong. Maybe.

Anyway, thanks again,
Nick.

# 11   2007-10-18 07:24:35 CircleOS source

lionel
Website

Hi Nick,

I think it is a good idea to show us what steps you take. Please start your screencast with starting Ride, so we won't forget any steps. I also recommend a nice software to create screencasts :

http://jingproject.com

Best regards,
Lionel

Board footer