/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Video and Audio

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2012-05-27 20:33:12 Video and Audio

MA_WiSo

Video and Audio

Hi,

I have been using AVRs for a while now and it is good for limited projects or applications.
But now i want to capture photos and videos with a camera module or image sensor interfaced to a microcontroller , encode them to any video format or decode them back and play them (using software on the uC Without any additional ICs)
the same for audio .

it can be considered as a digital video camera.

I never used any of the STM32 family So I want to know if they are sufficient for this application or I am pushing it too far ??

# 2   2012-05-28 18:34:54 Video and Audio

STPrime

Re: Video and Audio

Hello,

Yor are not pushing it too far.  In fact, the Evoprimer is the most ideal format for doing what you are doing.
I have attempted to capture video directly from the NTSC and PAL standards.  I didn't have a camera that had the USB output.  By converting directly from NTSC or PAL, you can use virtually any camera and connect it to the Evoprimer.

I have had limited success with a Black and white camera.  If you have a camera with USB and all the documentation, you shouldn't hav a problem.  Those cameras have I2C for the commands and data lines for serial data transfer.  Some use I2C or SPI to do all the functios

The EvoPrimer is an excellent format for demostrating vision systems for robotics, industrial or facial recognition.

I was only running algoriths for processing the camera data and I was not using CicleOS, I modified the VirtualCom program to do it.  It was also processing the camera data in realtime as it created the image on the screen.  It probably would be faster to process one entire frame, then create the image.

It is all about coming up with new ways...to do the same old thing.

Board footer