/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Script error with Ride7

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2009-07-29 14:59:58 Script error with Ride7

nrousselca

Script error with Ride7

Ugly, ugly,
This is how you feel after fooling around many days with a script error trying to use Ride7 on Vista. Reading messages on this subject in this forum does not realy help.
I am kind of surprise with this issue since this STM32 Primer is a product related to STMicroelectronics, products  with witch i never had a bad experiences.
May be this is not the proper furum for this problem. (let me know, may be STMicroelectronics site will be a better place to try ?)
Here is the hole story.
Windows version : Vista (french)
Virus protection desactiveted
There is no script blocking or since many others are working properly.
Investigating the registers revel that the necessary components and path are properly registered.
The translated error message goes like  this : Script error (line2)! An ActiveX component is Unable to create an object.
This message repeat twice when Ride7 application is lounched with administrations prviledge,  the the IDE opens with none of the menu project items working.
Ride7 version is 7.22.09.0203 and RKIT-ARM for ride is 1.20.09.0154

Regards

N.R.
Consumer's microelectronics consultant

# 2   2009-07-29 15:04:22 Script error with Ride7

repzak

Re: Script error with Ride7

Hello,

I had no problem on Vista UK version with AVG enabled and user account control off.

So maybe you have installed some other things on you pcb that is blocking this?

You could try on a fresh vista installation?

Kasper

# 3   2009-07-29 17:38:03 Script error with Ride7

nrousselca

Hi Kasper,

Thanks for the answer, but I just can't agree having to install a fresh version of Vista so to make one application work properly.  Your are riight, I have many application running ok and dealing with avg, user account,  scripts, Activex (com) and what so ever, with no issue,

I feel like having to change the univers so to let one tree grow.

Regards

N.R

# 4   2009-07-29 18:03:47 Script error with Ride7

repzak

Hello,

You are right the situation is not funny, but you have to remember there are several hundred other users their not having this problem, so before you blame others you just need to be sure that is it not an mistake on your computer causing this..

Maybe you have another computer you can test it on?

Kasper

# 5   2009-07-29 18:13:35 Script error with Ride7

repzak

Btw.. you are sure you have read/write access to all folders there are used?

# 6   2009-07-29 19:42:08 Script error with Ride7

nrousselca

Hi,

I have try on  other Vista with same result. (first thing tried)
All related folders have read and write access.
They all have the same Vista version install (french).
One is a laptop.

I will try on an other Vista laguage to see ??

N.R

# 7   2009-07-30 09:07:38 Script error with Ride7

VincentC
Administrator

Hi,

Many people at Raisonance use Ride under Vista.

I myself have my main development PC running the French version of Vista 32. I just tried this morning  to install the same versions of the kits that you mentioned and saw no problem.

So there is probably something special or unexpected in your system, but I don't think it's the language. We must find what it is before we know if there is something to correct in Ride.
We always have the antivirus and firewall running, so the problem is probably not there. UAC is turned OFF on my PC, I don't know for the others.

Yves and Francis, who develop the CircleOS, are also working under Vista (one Vista32 and one Vista64, both in English) and they use the Ride and ARM kits every day.

Please confirm that when you installed Ride you were logged in with an account that has admin rights, AND that you executed the installer using the 'Run as Admin' option.

Is it Vista home or pro?

Best Regards,

Vincent

# 8   2009-07-30 14:40:24 Script error with Ride7

nrousselca

Hi,
Sometimes watching the bugs flying around a tree is not sufficient to find the problem.
So not to get lost in the universe we started from scratch.

Ride7 works fine on a new pc after inatalling the  original english Vista (Home premium) version.

This was the same version  first istalled on all our pc .  These pc where then upgraded a few month later to the Pro version and again later on to the French version. We also upgraded the new Pc the same way and got the script error. We notice the presence of two folders one name Programmes and the other Program Files. This as probably nothing to do with this problem since, according to MS(as god said), they both refer to the same folder.  The question that remain is why, on all applications running on our pc, Ride7 is the only one with this issue?

I don't think we are going to investegate further more on this for now, hoping that our upgraded universe will not give us script error with other applications.  Ride7 and STM32 Primer2 are up and running happy alone with the original version of Vista. So as the boss said : enough bugs chasing, let's produce.

Thanks for helping
Regards to hall

# 9   2011-11-04 20:10:33 Script error with Ride7

gremlinc5

I've got the same problem from "Build Log":

"Script Error (line 108) !"

Build was successfull.

I've got this problem only with "FreeRTOS" examples project.

Very strange... others projects work well... sad

# 10   2011-11-12 18:22:21 Script error with Ride7

atitude
Website

The FreeRTOS demo projects are no different than other projects shared on this forum. Can you elaborate a bit on the steps go go through and where the script error shows up?
Also, you can just start from a fresh project directory, and copy the relevant files over. The largest task is setting all the search paths correct.

Board footer