/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / USB Mass Storage - Windows asks to Format the disk before starting..

Username:     
Password:     

Forum
  • Index
  •  » STM32 Family
  •  » USB Mass Storage - Windows asks to Format the disk before starting..

# 1   2011-05-18 05:18:55 USB Mass Storage - Windows asks to Format the disk before starting..

saiRam

USB Mass Storage - Windows asks to Format the disk before starting..

Folks,

I am working on porting Mass Storage library on STM32F107. I have a Spansion S25FL064K connected to SPI interface
of STM32F107. As the current Mass Storage library does not support SPI Flash interface, I have ported the SPI flash interface and changed the MAL layer(mass_mal.c) in the mass storage library to interface with flash connected to SPI interface. I have declared Max_LUn value to 0. Do I need to make any further changes?

With this, The device is detected by windows properly. But, as soon as device is detected as Removable disk, I am
posed with a message from windows - "You need to format the disk in F:\ before you can use it" . I did not expect
this to happen. I thought my device will be detected as an 8MB removable hard disk. Any one faced with such issue
earlier or any pointer to what could be going wrong?

However, I tried to format the device but i am blessed with an error saying windows can not format the device. I have read mass storage demo documentation as well. As per the documentation, the drive need not have any file system mounted on it as Windows reads the data block by block.

Do I need to make any further changes to the Mass Storage library apart from these for this to work as I expected?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sai

• Index
  •  » STM32 Family
  •  » USB Mass Storage - Windows asks to Format the disk before starting..

Board footer