/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / STM32 in wider pitch pakage ??

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2008-02-14 10:03:24 STM32 in wider pitch pakage ??

ThomasScherrer
Website

STM32 in wider pitch pakage ??

please see this and give your feedback in the ST forum:

http://www.st.com/mcu/forums-cat-6371-23.html

let ST know how you fell

Thomas Scherrer Denmark webx.dk

# 2   2008-03-03 09:23:37 STM32 in wider pitch pakage ??

graham

Re: STM32 in wider pitch pakage ??

This is a debate about lead pitch and hand soldering.

Admittedly, the pitch of these LQFP packages is pretty fine.

If you are doing DIY PCB manufacture, then there are some somple precautions that will help your quality:
(1) Use a laser printer for your pigment source, it's much more opaque to UV than inkjet black ink.
(2) Use a very fine grained paper, or, if your laser printer can print to it, a transparency.
(3) Print so the printed side will rest directly against the PCB photosensitive surface.
(4) Hold the entire print tight against the entire surface of the PCB during the exposure period.
(5) Use your soldering iron at a not too hot setting, run a blob of solder (with flux), down each side of the chip, with gravity assisting runoff and motion in the direction of travel of your soldering iron tip. That way, surface tension and gravity will assist the solder to make nice bonds on each pin before reforming on the blob. Too much heat will make the flux degrade too fast, and your nice surface tension conditions will be disrupted.

# 3   2011-02-05 06:43:44 STM32 in wider pitch pakage ??

kevinpeter

After some frustration with inconsistent startup behaviour with the PWM timer settings, that seems to change depending on whether I do a clean reset to flash code, or a bootloader reset to the same flash code, I decided I needed to work on another important step, which happens to be useful for diagnostics smiling smiley the LCD !

I found a demo LCD project on the net, that was for another ARM micontroller, and in C. After I/O pin and port modification to match my hardware, I found that although it was well written, the C syntax used didn't work on my build environment, so I spent some time massaging the code until it compiled without errors.

Finally I got it working tonight, so I tested it on a Jaycar 16 char x 2 line back lit display (slower, had to adjust the time a bit.), and then put it back on a spare 20 char x 4 line display I had in storage.GrahamsCNCLCD.jpg

# 4   2011-03-18 19:49:14 STM32 in wider pitch pakage ??

jobstitan123

I've tried to use it as a player for some time smile wih full charge of battery it lasts for about 1.2 hour, before it hangs up(primer2 itself). Had to do some hard restarts. Added some improvements like lcd backlight off after some seconds, and its turned on on key press.

Board footer