/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Competition

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2007-12-10 17:21:43 Competition

raptorguy

Competition

I seem to be one of the lucky one's that have a Primer (a freebie given to me last month), but many are struggling to get their hands on one.  I have had some on order for the past 2 months with Future but still no sign.  Now that Christmas is fast approaching many won't get one until after, which doesn't give much time for the competition.  I think it would be a good idea to delay the submission date to allow more people to take part, and also as I want to see how many cool things can be done with a Primer!

James

# 2   2007-12-10 17:35:50 Competition

meltwater

Re: Competition

Although the odds would very good that the few with a primer will win something! 

I'm still trying to source one, such a great concept.

Anyone created a primer emulator yet so those waiting for one can have a go?  I wonder how many physical Primers are in the wild at the moment.

Last edited by meltwater (2007-12-10 17:39:37)

# 3   2007-12-10 20:52:52 Competition

Stewee
Website

Maybe there should be a quick mini competion to come up with the best application IDEA for a primer.

The winners get a free primer.

All the available primers go to a good home.

Everyone benefits from the best chance of good applications being produced.

Here are some nutty ideas to get things going...

1 - GoodDriver-BadDriver - monitors G force on the Dash board.
2 - Charlatan - lieDetector - monitors 'changes' in hand tremor
3 - Pinball - Game
4 - Tetris - Game

( Please Give Blood http://www.blood.co.uk >50% can.  5% do. )

# 4   2007-12-19 16:52:23 Competition

raptorguy

Francis, so when will the competition's new submission date be...?  The current date is crazy as most people won't get their Primer until after this!

James

# 5   2007-12-20 16:38:39 Competition

meltwater

I guess the idea of the competition is two fold:
1. To generate interest and development projects on this site
2. To provide a show case for the trade show.

The problem I can see with this is that perhaps people are less willing to share projects, ideas etc when they could enter them into the competition (and win rather large sums), so if anything it could be having the opposite effect.  With only 8 prizes I don't fancy my chances of getting anything together in time which could match those already with primers, but I'm in two minds about posting any initial projects ideas and even attempts even though they might prove useful to others.

Hopefully some thought will be given to many very small prizes (such as addons for the primer or other similar dev tools) which will not only encourage those who won't be able to spend much time but will introduce them to more ST goodies.  Alternatively prizes could be given to those who contribute useful or interesting projects on this site for others who have time/primers to build upon if they wish.

# 6   2007-12-26 14:12:44 Competition

Francis
Administrator

About these questions:
   A competition or no competition?
   A long or a short time to prepare this competion?
   A few good prizes or many small ones?

For all these questions, we can consider the "Pros and cons", ...

It's true that the concept of the competition is restricting the number of the "free" projects while the competition is running. On the other hand, I hope that we will have many good projects available for all the users of this site as soon as the contest will be achieved. The competition is also a way to increase the motivation.

If we postpone the submission date, we will not have the projects for the Nuremberg show (that is an important event for the organizers...), and we also postpone the availablility of the project on the site!!

If we divide the value of the prozes, we will probably divide also the motivation...

Simple questions, many answers.

# 7   2008-01-04 23:24:44 Competition

meltwater

Thanks for your answers Francis.  Since I don't have the talent or the time to make up for lack of talent to win, I'll join the other generous folk and submit any ideas/projects I do come up with on the project space.

Two ideas I was thinking of a type of etch-a-sketch app and a golfing tutor (using the mems to track the swings).

Will look forward to seeing the results of the competition though.  Also good news that the Uk supply seems to have come through at last.

# 8   2008-01-05 16:09:54 Competition

ThomasScherrer
Website

it is a win win situation, see all the dudes playing arround with a primer,
achive know how about the STM32 and C software and ARM hardware and so on,
nobody looses !
this know-how can be re-used in many other private or huge company projects,
so all people ends happy.

Thomas Scherrer Denmark webx.dk

# 9   2008-02-08 10:51:01 Competition

dersimon

I'm trying to add my project to the contest but the contest submit form won't open - I always get redirected to the contest rules.

# 10   2008-02-08 14:31:48 Competition

Benoit
Administrator

Some technical problems have been corrected and you can post your project now.
It seems that big projects (bigger than 1MByte for the ZIP file) create some upload problems. Don't hesitate to contact me in this case.
Regards,

Benoit

Board footer