/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Pointers for getting into the STM32?

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2008-02-01 15:09:52 Pointers for getting into the STM32?

jaguarondi

Pointers for getting into the STM32?

Hi,

I just ordered a Primer. Any advice for someone that comes from the AVR and want to step into ARM? Is there a good forum/ML that I shouldn't miss, like AVRFreaks and the AVRLibc lists that are invaluable?
I've seen a tutorial in the projects here, should I start with that or you have some links to ressources I should better check first?

Sorry for all the questions, googling for ARM returns too much, I don't know where to start.
Thanks,
David Bourgeois

# 2   2008-02-04 22:13:35 Pointers for getting into the STM32?

englere

Re: Pointers for getting into the STM32?

There are some good forums at the ST Micro site, such as this one:

http://www.st.com/mcu/forumsid-23.html

# 3   2008-02-04 22:17:25 Pointers for getting into the STM32?

englere

ST Micro has a rather complete library of code that's free to use. Don't waste too much time researching Arm in general because there are a lot of variations of Arm chips. The STM32 uses the new Cortex M3 core which is still pretty new.

It's hard to beat AVRFreaks on the AVR platform, but I don't know of any independent groups yet for the STM32.

# 4   2008-02-05 09:01:57 Pointers for getting into the STM32?

jaguarondi

The ST forums sound indeed great. Nice to hear I don't have to look for ARM in general, that will save time. I found the library already. That's something I appreciate. Atmel doesn't have it for the AVR so there are a couple of unofficial ones, with variations in quality. but more importantly, having an official library makes open designs more reusable.

Many thanks for the information. I just received my primer, time to jump into the STM32 then :-)

Board footer