/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Path to the Ride tools - $(RkitLib)

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2011-01-19 21:40:16 Path to the Ride tools - $(RkitLib)

MCSolution

Path to the Ride tools - $(RkitLib)

Error message: 
Unable to open file: C:\SOFTWARE\Raisonance\Ride\lib\ARM\CircleOS\Evo_Circle_STM32E.elf
Unable to open file: C:\SOFTWARE\Raisonance\Ride\lib\ARM\CircleOS\FAT_OP4.elf

Probably my question is a little bit stupid, but:
On all sample projects I evaluated the directory of the ride tool is wrong. On my computer the Ride tools are installed in C:\Program Files\Raisonance\Ride\...

I guess that the variable $(RkitLib) is set wrong. Where can I define this variable?

# 2   2011-01-20 07:10:00 Path to the Ride tools - $(RkitLib)

behnaz

Re: Path to the Ride tools - $(RkitLib)

RKitLib is defined in your registry sysem under the following key name:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Raisonance\Ride7\Default Directories

But this key should be set during the installtion process.If this is wrong on your computer, maybe something has gone wrong during the installation process.

# 3   2011-01-20 14:55:49 Path to the Ride tools - $(RkitLib)

guille36

I have the same problem. In my  case RkitLib = C:\Archivos de programa, but when I download and install the project, the compiler search the path: C:\Program files (I think is the value of the project's creator, so it may change with every project)

# 4   2011-01-20 17:59:06 Path to the Ride tools - $(RkitLib)

mikepo

I think the issue when you try to get existing projects running on your machine is that there are some paths in the ".rapp" file.
I had the same issue when I moved to Windows 7, I had to manually edit the .rapp file to adjust the path from "Program Files" to "Program Files (x86)".

So now in my .rapp file it looks like this:

Code:

<NodeApp Path="..\..\..\..\..\..\Program Files (x86)\Raisonance\Ride\Lib\ARM\CircleOS\Evo_Circle_STM32E.elf" Header="Evo_Circle_STM32E.elf" Marker="-1" AsyncBuild="" OutputFile="" LoadExclude="No" sate="0" />
    <NodeApp Path="..\..\..\..\..\..\Program Files (x86)\Raisonance\Ride\Lib\ARM\CircleOS\FAT_OP4.elf" Header="FAT_OP4.elf" Marker="-1" AsyncBuild="" OutputFile="" LoadExclude="No" sate="0" />

So you can see that this definitely might be different for different languages of Windows or even between Windows XP and Windows 7 (64 bit) because the "Program Files" folder name changes ...

Sorry about the long line ....

Last edited by mikepo (2011-01-20 18:00:42)

# 5   2011-01-20 19:11:50 Path to the Ride tools - $(RkitLib)

MCSolution

Thanks for your help. Now I know where to change it.

# 6   2011-01-21 04:07:58 Path to the Ride tools - $(RkitLib)

mikepo

I forgot to mention previously that you also can just open the project in Ride7, then remove those 2 files from the project (if you get the "unable to open file" error) and then just add them again to the project in Ride7 by pointing to your machine's location for these files.

I just find editing the file easier personally.

Anyway, looks like you have an EvoPrimer as well! Welcome!

Last edited by mikepo (2011-01-22 06:03:43)

# 7   2011-01-21 06:53:30 Path to the Ride tools - $(RkitLib)

yrt
Administrator
Website

Effectively, the last method given by Mikepo is the right way, specially when you download projects from the website, where the paths depend on the paths of the author'PC.
You can also modify the ".rapp" file, but be carefull, a mistake can avoid Ride to load your project.

# 8   2011-01-26 18:04:20 Path to the Ride tools - $(RkitLib)

guille36

Sorry, but I think there is a problem with the "last method". The files are in a different folder. So when ride 7 start the project says "unable....".
At this point I don't find a way to remove the files from the project from within the IDE.
thans

# 9   2011-01-27 00:17:33 Path to the Ride tools - $(RkitLib)

mikepo

Here are the steps that work for me:
1. Open the project in Ride7 (double-click on .rprj file)
2. the two files have "Unable to find ...." next to them
3. Click on FAT_OP4.elf on the left side so it is highlighted
4. On the menu bar click on "Edit" -> "Delete" .. this should remove the .elf file from the project
5. do the same thing for Evo_Circle_STM32E.elf
6. now on the left side high-light the project name (e.g "Serial_USART2")
7. right-click on the project name and pick "Add" -> "Item" and pick the new file to add from your RkitLib installation folder (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Raisonance\Ride\lib\ARM\CircleOS\FAT_OP4.elf)
8. repeat Step 7 thing for the other file Evo_Circle_STM32.elf

Note: if you have a Primer2 you need different files: "FAT.elf" and "Primer2_Circle.elf"
Hope that helps.
Mike

Last edited by mikepo (2011-01-27 00:18:35)

Board footer