/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Connecting to the STM fails

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2010-09-29 16:56:17 Connecting to the STM fails

BjoernC

Connecting to the STM fails

Hi, I hope someone could help me.
I've written an program for my Primer2, so I wanted to load the resulting *.hex file on the microcontroller. Everything was good, but yesterday every connection try fails. I had tried to compile the same program withe the Eclipse-IDE and the Codesourcey Compiler.  After this, the resulting hex file has been loaded into the microcontroller via RFlasher7 and nothing works. I've checked everything it was the right device and CPU unit configured as I had compiled the program.

After that I've tried to connect via JTAG to the microcontroller, which fails withe the error message:"Unable to read IdCode. Please check that the target is connected".

I could connect to the Microcontroller via SWD an can read the Flash and the Optionbytes (RDP=0xA5, USER=0xFF, WRP0=0xFF, WRP1=0xFF, WRP2=0xFF, WRP3=0xFF) and the IdCode (0x1BA01477).  When I want to program the flash with the right program, which has worked before, i become following error: "Timeout error when synchronizing with plugin after launching it" If I want to erase the Flash, the following error is displayed :" Error: Execution out of debugging limitation: PC=0x428B1C58).

Now I don't how to resolve this problem I think the microcontroller works but I don't know which kind of this error can be and how to resolve this error, so I can use this primer for other projects. Anybody an idea which could this error be or how to fix this error?

The version of RFlasher7 is: 7.30.10.0159

# 2   2010-09-30 08:00:36 Connecting to the STM fails

VincentC
Administrator

Re: Connecting to the STM fails

Hi,

What you describe looks like an invalid reset vector.

Please use RFlasher in SWD to read the content of the flash, and tell us the data from address 0 to 7. (8 bytes)

Best Regards,

Vincent

# 3   2010-09-30 14:42:02 Connecting to the STM fails

BjoernC

Hi the first eight Hex numbers are: 70 47 FE E7 0A 4A 0B 49, is the reset vector realy wrong?
In the Hex file are the same numbers on the same adress, so these numbers are not the product of an random process or something else...

Last edited by BjoernC (2010-09-30 15:00:46)

# 4   2010-10-02 11:51:35 Connecting to the STM fails

BjoernC

hi i have checked the hex numbers of the wrong programm and of the program which had worked fine on the Primer2. So there are differences between the both hex-codes so i think that the problem will be an wrong reset Vector. But i don't know how to fix that Problem, because an programming via SWD fails. I only can read out an view what are the contents of the flash, every programming fails sad . Anynbody there who knows how to fix that problem, or has any idea to fix it?

# 5   2010-11-29 08:10:36 Connecting to the STM fails

10code

In this case load program to RAM with RAM boot configuration in BOOT mode of project settings. This will erase the FLASH and from next time you will be able to program successfully.

# 6   2010-12-03 10:35:50 Connecting to the STM fails

Zmozie

Hi,

I  forgot to add a startup file to my project and ended up in the same problem.

If the solution is to program the RAM, how do you do it on the PRIMER2?
Do I have to remove the 0R resistor that goes to GND from BOOT0 pin?

Edit: Removed the resistor and programmed the flash from the RAM mode, then soldered it back. Now it works again!

Last edited by Zmozie (2010-12-03 12:19:28)

Board footer