/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Primer won't boot nor enumerate correctly

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2008-01-24 12:05:06 Primer won't boot nor enumerate correctly

decipher

Primer won't boot nor enumerate correctly

Hey all,

I've this one STM32 Primer that I code some stuff for. Until today it worked really fine, but I guess I forgot it running overnight so it drained battery (at least that's my pink guess) but also I must say that I tried to charge it for at least 4 hours or so. Anyways, now it doesn't work. I seriously don't know why, the worst thing I have done was to check some values in power and reset registers. On the other hand, whenever I plug it to the PC via USB I get an error that reads "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" from the Windows hardware wizard. I tried to reset many times and recharge the device as I've aforementioned but it still is the same. I press the reset button, LCD blinks and it goes back to sleep. Also the busy LED is always on.

Forgot to mention, I also tried to read the RLink serial via Cortex_pgm, but it says that the dongle is not plugged or sometimes it says that the firmware version does not match with the required threshold. I am on Windows Xp Professional (32 bit OS) on a 64-bit AMD Turion x2.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

Last edited by decipher (2008-01-24 12:09:50)

# 2   2008-01-24 12:09:15 Primer won't boot nor enumerate correctly

Francis
Administrator

Re: Primer won't boot nor enumerate correctly

Did you try to remove and re-insert the jumper for the battery?

# 3   2008-01-24 12:10:32 Primer won't boot nor enumerate correctly

decipher

Yep, I did. I removed it, re-inserted it but still the device is stuck.

# 4   2008-01-24 12:19:08 Primer won't boot nor enumerate correctly

decipher

Ok Francis, got it to work again, apparently it was a small logical operator problem thanks for your help again.

Board footer