/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / primer-kit upgrade needed ?

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2008-01-19 12:00:11 primer-kit upgrade needed ?

najohns

primer-kit upgrade needed ?

Just got (Jan 2008) my STM32-primer and updated to circle OS 1.7 without problem.

Thought i would check my installed RIDE version :

supplied CD :
circle CD                CIRCLE071109 

RIDE7 help->about

Ride7 IDE               7.01.0002
RkitARM for RIDE7   1.03.0003

Downloaded Circle_STM32-Primer_Kit_V1.3-2007-11-09.zip and unpacked it. Dates on the files on the CD and the unpacked zip are the same. Download took quite a while.

Really the question is how do you know if you need to upgrade RIDE or not ?

The primer_kit install zip says version 1.3 but there is nothing on the ide/installed directories that i can find that equates to 1.3, hence i listed the ride help  versions above.

As the files have the same date i didn't bother installing again as i would just need to upgrade to circle-os-1.7 again. Thought it would be better to post here and get the issue resolved (version numbers) for other newbies looking to upgrade.

Apart from this its been a very successful install and i'm impressed with the apps and possibilities.

cheers
neil

# 2   2008-01-19 21:50:04 primer-kit upgrade needed ?

lionel
Website

Re: primer-kit upgrade needed ?

Hi Neil,

indeed the "1.3" is just a version number for the CD-ROM packaging but it is not very meaningful. You should always look at the kits versions, like you said: Ride7 and RKitARM. You can upgrade one kit without needing to upgrade the other ones.

If you want to make sure Ride7 and associated kits are up to date, you should check the official Ride7 download site. The CD-ROM image provided on this website may be more recent than your CD-ROM, but it is not guaranteed to include the latest versions. Here is the official Ride7 download page:

http://www.raisonance.com/download/inde … tive=RIDE7

regards,
Lionel

# 3   2008-01-20 14:09:02 primer-kit upgrade needed ?

najohns

Re: primer-kit upgrade needed ?

Excellent just the info and link i required.

i can now upgrade the arm part and know it's an upgrade and not the same version again.

cheers
neil

Board footer