/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / USB comm setup and run

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2010-09-01 08:27:12 USB comm setup and run

jgemio

USB comm setup and run

Hello everyone:
I have an application working on a STM32 prime2 platform that need to send information (at least  2Mb/sec) to a PC.  I was trying to implement some examples of USB applications in order to get familiar with this interfase and then add it to my application.  This was not possible because I don't know how to start as not even the example I have used (Stdout2USB) can compile without errors.  The error I get is "STM32 library version conflict detected!" 

How can I proceed to get rid of this error in order to test this application example?

Thanks

# 2   2010-09-03 07:00:45 USB comm setup and run

yrt
Administrator
Website

Re: USB comm setup and run

Hi,

The "Stdout2USB" project has been developped with old ST library (< 3.0), which was provided in precompiled format with previous Ride versions. So you have to precise this fact in your Ride project.
Set the parameter "LD linker/Libraries/Use OLD Precompiled Library" to YES.

Yves

# 3   2010-09-08 15:33:01 USB comm setup and run

jgemio

Thanks Yves,

I am now facing some problem.  I have created an application that is acquiring some data by the ADC with a high frequency.  This is done with the old version of the general library of the peripherals (V2.X.X).  I am trying to include a USB communication between the uP and the PC to send these values at a high pace.

I have at the same time the example called "VirtualCOM_Port" that is working good and which has been developed with the new library (V3.X.X) (or at least newer as my application).

How can I update the drivers for the first one without affecting its functions?  Is there any recommended procedure or best-practice to do that?

How should I integrate both in one application, since they call different libraries and includes that may define the same things different?  Which things I should consider in order to keep the applications clean?  Again, is there any recommended procedure or best-practice to do this as well?

Thank you and thanks in advance to everyone that will help me wink

JGemio

# 4   2010-09-09 06:06:29 USB comm setup and run

yrt
Administrator
Website

You have to keep only the last library into your project, as a only one sub-folder. Then, you have to adapt your old source code for the new library. ST provides some explanations to migrate from v2.x to 3x : http://www.st.com/stonline/products/lit … /15531.pdf

# 5   2010-09-09 07:50:32 USB comm setup and run

jgemio

Thank you again.  I will work on the code and come back with news.

Regards,

Board footer