/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Standard vs. Pro

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2008-01-17 21:08:30 Standard vs. Pro

flyingfork

Standard vs. Pro

Hello,

I just recently purchased the SMT32 Primer demo kit here in the States.  I've never used any of Raisonance products before and had a few questions.  On your resources page you list the price of the standard version and the "standard to pro" upgrade.

Unless the standard version can be used with other demo kits that have an in circuit debugger embedded on the board why is Raisonance selling the standard version at 159 if it already comes with the STM32 Primer?

Also just to clarify. If I purchase the "standard to pro" upgrade will I'll be limited to using it for just the STM32 Primer? Are there other demo kits with an embedded RLink available?

Thanks,
FlyingFork

# 2   2008-01-17 21:43:44 Standard vs. Pro

Francis
Administrator

Re: Standard vs. Pro

The upgrade is only for the Primer you are using (it depends on the serial number of the embedded RLink).
The standard version allows to compile and to program without any limitation. The limitation is only for debugging (up to 32KB).
Note that, when using the full CircleOS (24KB with the FAT), the application can be debugged up to 8KB (24+8=32).
8 KB is already consistent for a CircleOS application (8KB=size of the "Maze" application).

Board footer