/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Starting from scratch

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2010-08-13 08:25:24 Starting from scratch

VanKurt

Starting from scratch

Hi everyone!
I just got my Primer2 and now I'm experimenting with the device and CircleOS. Quite funny :-)

But for starting development I'd rather start from scratch: completely wipe the STM32 and write the first application all by myself. I have these steps in mind:

1. Set an output pin to 0 or 1 (maybe connect and LED and watch it glow)
2. Introduce a timer to make LED blink
3. etc.

Maybe later, when I'm familar with controller I'll reinstall CircleOS for the gain of comfort ;-)

My question to you:
Is there any Noob-freindly documentation on how to do these first steps? Wipe the STM, create an absolute-minumum application, set a pin to 0 and 1, use a timer etc.?

With best regards,
Boris

# 2   2010-08-13 09:33:06 Starting from scratch

yrt
Administrator
Website

Re: Starting from scratch

Hi,

With Ride is provided simple programs for Primer, than run with or without CircleOS.
They are located in the "{Ride install}\Raisonance\Ride\Examples\ARM\Primer" folder.
It is a good begining.
For timer uses, take a look at the examples provided with the STM periperal library. Download the lastest version from ST website, or use the folder "{Ride install}\Raisonance\Ride\lib\ARM\STM32Lib-v312\Project\STM32F10x_StdPeriph_Examples"

Yves

# 3   2010-08-13 10:39:44 Starting from scratch

VanKurt

Re: Starting from scratch

Hey, thank's a lot!
I'll have a look at the samples :-)

Board footer