/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Help needed!!

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2010-04-18 23:01:49 Help needed!!

NightFox_1320

Help needed!!

Hello everyone!

I am new user of the Primer 2.

I have seen many projects on this site and i want to ask if anybody knows or has any idea how to connect the primer 2 with any kind of sensor.

My application consists of the primer 2 connected with a motion sensor. the sensor is from parallax. you can see  the sensor here:

http://www.parallax.com/Store/Sensors/A … fault.aspx

My question is does anybody know how can i connect the pins that are on the bottom of the primer 2 with the sensor so i can give power to the sensor through the primer 2 and get a signal from the sensor back to the primer 2 so i  can identify if there is movement in front of the  sensor.

If somebody has a schematic that would provide great help. if not does anybody have a schematic that identifies each pin on the primer 2 and what it does??

thanks in advance!!

Last edited by NightFox_1320 (2010-04-18 23:04:37)

# 2   2010-04-19 07:45:22 Help needed!!

ntrf.zns

Re: Help needed!!

Your sensor is quite simple. I guess you can figure out which pins to solder to each other by yourself. I'll provide a small walktrough.

First of all download STM32F103VE datasheet and reference manual from st.com, Primer2 manual from Resources section on this site and datasheet for your sensor.

1) Power.
You need to decide where to take power from for your sensor. It requires 3.3V to 5V to operate (from sensor datasheet) and Primer2 can provide only 2.8V at extension connector. This means you wil,l have to take power directly from the battery (see this project for example). Other option is to use step-up voltage converter. GND can be taken from extension connector.

2) Input
Next you need to use one of many pins on ext connector capable for I/O to read sensor status. Just choose one of the pins (except CAN and power pins). Look for pin names in primer's manual.

# 3   2010-04-19 11:34:49 Help needed!!

NightFox_1320

Re: Help needed!!

Thanks i will look into it and i will get back with my results!

thanks a lot!

Board footer