/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Wrong program has blocked RLink. How to restore a Primer?

Username:     
Password:     

Forum
  • Index
  •  » STM32 primer
  •  » Wrong program has blocked RLink. How to restore a Primer?

# 1   2010-01-14 11:08:55 Wrong program has blocked RLink. How to restore a Primer?

neogir

Wrong program has blocked RLink. How to restore a Primer?

Hi!
Have bought a Primer to play with. I am not interested in Circle, so erased all stm32 flash content. Of course, several times have restored CircleOs, to be sure I  am on the right way.

Next step was to load any valid stm32f103rbt6 application. Unfortunately, without any kind of analysis, just loaded Ride7 Example\ARM\test project.
Flash successfully programmed, but from now on no connection with RLink is possible.

As I can see now, testR7 project for stm32 configures pins 6..13 of PORTC  as a general output GPIO. They are mostly LED control in PRIME but 13, used as shutdown pin, and it has LOW level while Prime is on. So I have to cut off the wire from stm32 pin 2 (close to J3.5 on the back side) and released U9 6pin (it has HIGH level now). But nothing changed - Rlink still not accesible.
I am sure some other pins may have wrong state and block the ST7265.

Could you please tell me where to dig, otherwise I will be forced to fully detouch stm32 from ST7265 - too much dangerous work...

# 2   2010-01-14 13:39:44 Wrong program has blocked RLink. How to restore a Primer?

lpdunwell

Re: Wrong program has blocked RLink. How to restore a Primer?

so pin 6 on u9 is floating (not connected) now?

# 3   2010-01-14 14:09:10 Wrong program has blocked RLink. How to restore a Primer?

VincentC
Administrator

Hi,

You should be able to prevent the Primer from entering PowerDown by keeping the button pressed down during the Erase, as the button for power-on has higher priority than the power-off from the STM32.

For using the Primer without the CircleOS, I suggest you start by using this example:
<Ride>\Examples\ARM\Primer\STM32Primer2\toggle\...
This example is designed exactly for this purpose.

Best Regards,

Vincent

# 4   2010-01-14 17:21:35 Wrong program has blocked RLink. How to restore a Primer?

neogir

VincentC :

You should be able to prevent the Primer from entering PowerDown by keeping the button pressed down during the Erase

Thank you! I am with working  Primer again smile

# 5   2010-01-15 07:49:26 Wrong program has blocked RLink. How to restore a Primer?

yrt
Administrator
Website

Hi,

neogir :

Next step was to load any valid stm32f103rbt6 application

Just one remark:
The Primer 1 was equiped with a stm32f103rbt6, but the Primer 2 is equiped with a stm32f103vet6.

Yves

• Index
  •  » STM32 primer
  •  » Wrong program has blocked RLink. How to restore a Primer?

Board footer