/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Primer2 is shutting down continuesly

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2009-12-03 18:35:21 Primer2 is shutting down continuesly

firatkocak

Primer2 is shutting down continuesly

Hi,

I have recently bought a primer2. I left it about 2 days connected to usb port and now batary is full ( 4.18V ). When i start the device, it comes online and a few seconds later it begins shutting down. The installed OS version is 3.1. I downloaded the latest version ( V3.8) and built it with success. But, when i try to flash the new OS to the device RFlasher7, i am getting the error message < Target power failure : Measured 1.00000V >. RFlasher successfuly reads the device info but in a way can not connect to the device.

I am a newbie to ARM world and off course to RFlasher either. Is this error device specific or is there anything else that i can fix it.

Best regards,

Firat Kocak

# 2   2009-12-03 22:06:26 Primer2 is shutting down continuesly

adderd

Re: Primer2 is shutting down continuesly

firatkocak :

Hi,

I have recently bought a primer2. I left it about 2 days connected to usb port and now batary is full ( 4.18V ). When i start the device, it comes online and a few seconds later it begins shutting down. The installed OS version is 3.1. I downloaded the latest version ( V3.8) and built it with success. But, when i try to flash the new OS to the device RFlasher7, i am getting the error message < Target power failure : Measured 1.00000V >. RFlasher successfuly reads the device info but in a way can not connect to the device.

I am a newbie to ARM world and off course to RFlasher either. Is this error device specific or is there anything else that i can fix it.

Best regards,

Firat Kocak

First of all, you should be using the circle_mgr program to flash the new firmware. Secondly, the device has to be on when you do this. If it's off you'll get the "measured < 1.000V" error.

Last edited by adderd (2009-12-03 22:08:35)

# 3   2009-12-03 22:22:37 Primer2 is shutting down continuesly

firatkocak

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, starting the device solved the voltage error. For the others, i am trying to understand how to use.

Best regards,

Firat Kocak

# 4   2009-12-04 07:47:06 Primer2 is shutting down continuesly

yrt
Administrator
Website

Hi,

For update the CircleOS, the right way is to use the batch "Program_Primer2_CircleOS_only.bat" that loads the circleOS only (effectively, it calls the circle_mgr utility), or  "Restore_Primer2_Circle_Factory.bat" that loads also some example applications.

Yves

# 5   2009-12-04 10:49:46 Primer2 is shutting down continuesly

firatkocak

Hi,

Thanks for the infos. I could not see the file you mentioned in the bin directory of the Ride. There is only one batch file which is add_CircleOs_application.bat, that is all. In the meantime, i do still not know why my primer2 shuts down a few second later its start-up. But when i connect it to usb either usb port or debug port, it works well. But stand-alone NO. The batary is full ( about 4.18V ). After it is started, i can see the batary indicator flashes white and red and then begins to shutdown. It is a bit painful when you buy something new and face troubles as soon as you run it.

So, there are lots of things to discover, fix and learn. I have a long way to walk smile. Problems are for being solved. As long as there is a solution, every problem is welcome.

Best regards,

Firat Kocak

# 6   2009-12-04 16:15:21 Primer2 is shutting down continuesly

firatkocak

Hi,

I found the missing file in the web site and successfully upgraded my Primer2 to version 3.8. At first look, self shutting down problems seems to be gone. That is great. In the meantime, v3.8 looks very nice when compared to prior ( in my case v3.1 )

Best regards,

Firat Kocak

# 7   2009-12-04 21:34:08 Primer2 is shutting down continuesly

firatkocak

Hi,

I think i have a problem with the batary. Primer2 run some short time and then claims low batary and shuts down. I checked the batary voltage and read 4.15V. I don't think that the batary is dead. Otherwise, i could not read a proper voltage level. A hardware problem ? this is not my current reason, because i newly bought it. But i can not figure out what the problem would be

Any comment ?

Best regards,

Firat Kocak

# 8   2009-12-05 00:14:13 Primer2 is shutting down continuesly

adderd

If you've got a multimeter capable of min/avg/max mode you might try that. Connect it to the battery + and - terminals with clips and leave it connected as you turn on and try to use the primer2. The min, max, and avg should all be reasonably close. If the min reads 3V or something then you've got a problem

# 9   2009-12-05 09:25:02 Primer2 is shutting down continuesly

firatkocak

Hi,

My Ohm-Meter is UNI-T UT33A. I did as you recommended but voltage level never dropped down to 4.12V. It is stable at that voltage. So, i am stuck. It is a complete hardware. There is no any part to repair at home. If there is something to do, please someone tell me. If there is no way then what should i do you advise ? Return it to the seller ?

Best regards,

Firat Kocak

# 10   2009-12-05 13:48:11 Primer2 is shutting down continuesly

firatkocak

Hi,

One important detail : when i check the battery voltage under Configuration/Test menu, it is 3.2 V ( %50 ). 1 V less then the actual battery voltage. Is this normal ?

Best regards,

Firat Kocak

# 11   2009-12-05 20:02:15 Primer2 is shutting down continuesly

firatkocak

Hi,

some more info : When i connect the usb cable to Primer2 and then check voltage reading via Configuration/Test menu item, i see 3.2V and power percentage 100%. If i remove the usb cable then the voltage reading is the same but percentage value drops to 50% and it shuts down because of the low battery not more than 60 second.

Still don't know what to do. I think i should write to Raisonance technical support directly.

Best regards,

Firat Kocak

# 12   2009-12-06 02:27:39 Primer2 is shutting down continuesly

adderd

The 3.2v you are seeing on the menu is likely the voltage output of the regulator.

It does sound like you'll have to contact tech support.

# 13   2009-12-07 16:52:10 Primer2 is shutting down continuesly

yrt
Administrator
Website

Hi,

It seems that your battery is dead.
We will contact you by email to give you the procedure.

Yves

Board footer