/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Ride7 creates new catalogs when it dosent find one

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2009-10-12 02:10:06 Ride7 creates new catalogs when it dosent find one

fad_electric

Ride7 creates new catalogs when it dosent find one

This is totally hysterical...

How can I turn off Ride7 love for making directories that it search for?
Is it some kind of bug in Ride7 or why does it make new directory's?

How do I know where to put projects (in the catalog structure) that I download from this site?

What is it in the projects state where I have to put them?

Its totally weird with projects that uses relative addressing for paths,
and needs an absolute path to function.
And that path isn't stated anywhere!!!

# 2   2009-10-12 06:56:14 Ride7 creates new catalogs when it dosent find one

yrt
Administrator
Website

Re: Ride7 creates new catalogs when it dosent find one

Just some questions in order to understand the problem :
- does Ride create directories others than output directories ?
- does the problem exist with projects downloaded from the web site or is it the same behavior with your own projects ?
- is your working directory on "C" file tree or another partition or disk ?

Thanks

# 3   2009-10-12 14:27:55 Ride7 creates new catalogs when it dosent find one

fad_electric

Ok! take the project "Drummer 1.0" as example.
In the file Drummer.rprj row 2 to 4 you find the following...

<Project Header="Project 'Drummer'" Path="D:\STM32\Drummer\Drummer.rprj" Project="Yes" OutputFile="" sate="96" ActiveApp="Drummer" >
    <ApplicationBuild Header="Drummer" Extern=".\Drummer.rapp" Path=".\PlayWav.rapp" OutputFile=".\objdebug\PlayWav.elf" sate="96" Config="Circle_Debug" />
</Project>

This will try to create the directory  D:\STM32\Drummer\
Since D: is my CD drive... this will crash Ride7

Lets say that I change this to C:\STM32\Drummer\ and create this directory an put the project there.

Now on row row 26 and 27 in Drummer.rapp you can find this...

<NodeApp Path="..\..\..\Program Files\Raisonance\Ride\Lib\ARM\CircleOS\FAT.elf" Header="FAT.elf" Marker="-1" OutputFile="" sate="0" />
    <NodeApp Path="..\..\Kasper\Circle_audio_moreIRQ_incl_2x_DMA - Copy\OS\Primer2_obj\Primer2_Circle.elf" Header="Primer2_Circle.elf" Marker="-1" OutputFile="" sate="0" />

This will create a new pathway on my hard disk.
C:\Kasper\Circle_audio_moreIRQ_incl_2x_DMA - Copy\OS\Primer2_obj\
and create a file called Primer2_Circle.elf.dbi in ... \Primer2_obj\

In this example its easy to find the files thats being created as there is absolute pathways.
If it isn't, and it uses relative pathways, Ride7 will create new paths that are nestled in the current directory structure.

This is totally unacceptable!!! All the projects that we can find to download, uses it's very own catalog structure. And it isn't stated where to put each project. to make it work.

This implies that everyone on stm32circle has to understand how Ride7 works, and the files it creates. And investigate all projects to know how to change them and where to put them in the directory chain to make them work correctly.

This is to ask to much from the user. Not even you at Raisonance seem to understand how the monster Ride7 works, and not those who have been kind enough to contribute with  projects that they have coded.

We need some kind of standard for where to place projects. And someone who has enough knowledge about Ride7, has to take all projects and rework them so that they follow this standard.

At this state you can respectfully say that...
The Primer series is a good way to constrain your creativity!

# 4   2009-10-13 13:04:58 Ride7 creates new catalogs when it dosent find one

behnaz

You are right.
Ride7 does not handle properly bogus project files. This should be fixed in the coming versions.
However the drummer project you are talking about, refers to some missing files, so could not be used "as is".

Board footer