/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Display picture on LCD

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2009-09-22 09:50:52 Display picture on LCD

pascalfromst

Display picture on LCD

Hello,

today, I use DRAW_SetImage function to be able to display a picture on the LCD. I use also "image2primer 1.0". This work properly but we need to convert the (jpg, png or bmp) file in a .h formated file to be able to display it on the LCD. And I can't convert .h file to  (jpg, png or bmp) to display it on PC screen.

Is there any possibility to display a (jpg, png or bmp) file directly without need to convert it ? :

The reason why is that I want to be able to , onthe one hand, Upload to the PRIMER a picture and display it on the LCD;
and on an other hand, I want to Download from the PRIMER2 to the computer the content of the memory (picture area) and display it on the PC screen.
Another possibility would be to convert the .h file in a (jpg, png or bmp) file but we need source code of "image2primer 1.0" software to be ableto do that.

Thanks for your help,
Pascal

# 2   2009-09-23 06:15:14 Display picture on LCD

yrt
Administrator
Website

Re: Display picture on LCD

Hi Pascal,

Effectively, the DRAW_SetImage displays pictures in Primer specific raw format. The routines to read jpg or bmp pictures directly into the Primer are not yet implemented.
We have not enough time to do this now.
So maybe someone would take charge of it ?

Yves.

# 3   2009-09-23 07:56:37 Display picture on LCD

pascalfromst

Thanks for this information.
Perhaps you can help us explaining this use raw format, to be able to create some tools to convert this raw format to jpg ones ?

# 4   2009-09-23 12:11:23 Display picture on LCD

Francis
Administrator

There are some tools, available  in the project section, that convert jpg to the raw format. Why do you need the reverse operation ?

# 5   2009-09-28 15:00:22 Display picture on LCD

pascalfromst

Hello Francis, sorry for the delay to response.
The main difference between jpg file and raw file is the size of the files. Using "image2primer" tool, we can convert file.jpg (2kbyte) to file.h (20kbyte).
The reason why of my request is that we are developping an application using the PRIMER2 with the capability to tranfer an image from the PC to the PRIMER2 (Upload) or to transfer an image from the PRIMER2 to the PC.
The delay to upload the 20kbyte file is too long (today 30seconds). The solution for this could be to upload and display directly the jpg file.The other solution ould be to upload the jpg file , to convert it to a .h file in the STM32 of the primer and after this to display .h image to the LCD using DRAW_SetImage .
The same is for downloading image from the PRIMER2 to the PC.

It is the reason why I'm looking for :
- code to display jpg file on LCD
or
- code to convert .jpg to .h (code from "image2primer" but I can't find it)
- code to convert .h to .jpg (invert of "image2primer')

I'm looking for this, If someone can send me the code.

Thanks Pascal

Board footer