/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Dead Primer2 - Power Supply

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2009-09-12 22:28:20 Dead Primer2 - Power Supply

theozed

Dead Primer2 - Power Supply

I have a problem with the power supply on my Primer2.

After receiving it I charged the battery as per the instructions, and pressed the push button to start, and all I saw was the screen flash white, and then nothing. Eventually I pulled out the battery jumper and got it to work ok. After playing the maze game for a while I put it away for a few weeks until I had some spare time.

Now I can't get it to work at all.

My battery voltage with the jumper open is 4.1 V. When I replace the jumper the voltage is approx 3.5V. As soon as I press the push button to start, the battery voltage (Vbat) drops to 1.5V!! Net VCCIN is the same voltage as Vbat (as expected) and I have nothing out of the voltage regulator U9.

I am wondering if U9 is dead and bringing down the battery power line. In the known issues section a problem is described with U9 failing due to over voltages and a repair required to the ground track. My board has had the mod done in the factory, but I am wondering what are the symptoms to confirm that U9 has died.

Has anyone encountered anything similar?

# 2   2009-09-13 18:06:06 Dead Primer2 - Power Supply

repzak

Re: Dead Primer2 - Power Supply

Hello,

Yes i had U9 dead as well, even the power track was made... I thouched some PCB traces with power on... U9 got very hot!

Kasper

Board footer