/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Can't Debug Primer1 Anymore

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2009-09-04 23:28:32 Can't Debug Primer1 Anymore

fastmapper

Can't Debug Primer1 Anymore

I've been debugging with my Primer1 for months.  During one debug session I double clicked on "DMA2" in the "Debug" frame in order to display the associated peripheral settings [I had forgotten that the Primer1 does not have a second DMA controller.  Since that double click, I have not been able to debug my Primer1.  Instead, I get the following message when I initiate debugging:

Error reported by the DTC

... and my only choice is to respond by clicking "OK".  Then if I try to run from the debugger, I get the following message:

Error reported by the DTC
     Terminating debug session.

... and my only choice is "OK" which terminates my debug session.

Reprogramming the flash works fine using RIDE, circle_mgr and cortex_pgm -- I only have a problem trying to debug using RIDE.  I'm using RIDE 7.22.09.0203 with Rkit-ARM 1.20.09.0154 and Circle OS 3.71 (as it is reported on the "About" screen).

What can I do to get debugging working again?

# 2   2009-09-08 08:49:50 Can't Debug Primer1 Anymore

VincentC
Administrator

Re: Can't Debug Primer1 Anymore

Hi,

This is probably related to some wrong information in your project's temp files.
The simplest thing is probably to select the software simulator as debugger, tell it to reset on the vector, start a debug session, and then close all windows, especially the DMA2 view.
Then, close the session and select RLink as debugger again.
Or you can also try to remove the project's temp files. Close Ride and then remove from the project's folder all files except .rprj, .rapp, .c, .h, .s, etc. (make a backup copy of it first wink )

Please tell us if that helps.

Best Regards,

Vincent

# 3   2009-09-09 02:46:04 Can't Debug Primer1 Anymore

fastmapper

Vincent,

Thanks for the tips.

Here is what happened.  I was poking around in the project settings files when I started the debugger.  The debugger apparently had a problem opening the project settings files (because I already had them open in another window) and started with fresh project settings.  After that, I was back in operation with the debugger.

I think what happened is that the DMA2 view was added to my settings and unremovable as long as I tried to use Rlink.  I think that your suggestion of using the simulator sounds like a straightforward way of solving the problem.

Seeing as it is not available in the device, it would be nice if the DMA2 was not made available for the Primer1 debug configuration.

Thanks again.

# 4   2009-09-09 07:20:59 Can't Debug Primer1 Anymore

VincentC
Administrator

Hi,

Yes, we removed the peripherals that should not be there.
The change will appear in the next release of Ride.

Sorry for the trouble.

Best Regards,

Vincent

Board footer