/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Primer2 Problems

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2009-08-24 18:50:32 Primer2 Problems

tkj

Primer2 Problems

Hi.
I've just recieved my Primer2 and when I started it i discovered theese problems (this is a copy of the email I've sent to the supplier I've bought it from)

I'm sorry to say that the joystick is acting strange. It's pretty difficult to push the up button, and it doesn't react alot of the times.

I have also inspected the LCD and look what I found in the top right corner of the display (I have attached a picture)
There is a sligtly light coming out - and it looks like there is more LCD underneath some black taping? Do you know if you should be able to see the LCD underneath the top buttons - as I can't, except in that corner! Also the buttons isn't lighting up either, but I don't know if they should??

http://www.tkjweb.dk/Strange_Primer2_LCD.jpg

Last but not least - when I run the Test Application and it says "Welcome to STM32 Primer2" that sound is okey, and you can understand that.
But when I record some sound, it sounds like crap, it's like the MIC isn't working properly sad

The LCD screen os also pretty loose. Because when I click on the touch screen, the LCD os moving a little bit up and down!

Could you please help me, and answer some of my questions regarding all the problems!

Best Regards
Thomas Jespersen

Last edited by tkj (2009-08-24 21:30:20)

# 2   2009-08-25 06:26:31 Primer2 Problems

Francis
Administrator

Re: Primer2 Problems

For the touch screen: next release (coming soon) is better.
For your additional pixels, on the corner... I never saw that, but it looks like a reflexion (it seems that there is no missing pixels on the icon!).
For the button, it seems that,  for some Primers, the button is not perflectly centered (on the next production, the button as a centering finger that solves this issue). The only thing to do is to open it and, with a knife,  to scrape the plastic of the plastic case (inside the square hole). 
For the sound, the welcome message had been recorded on a PC. We didn't spend too much time on the quality of the recorded sound... perhaps settings of the STw5094A could be improved/

# 3   2009-08-25 07:01:51 Primer2 Problems

tkj

Next release, next release... Yes - but I've already got the Primer2, and I won't be buying another right now!
Isn't there any fixes for the touch screen? - as one time it will break off, because it moves up and down all the time!

Also the buttons isn't lighting up either, but I don't know if they should??

Last edited by tkj (2009-08-25 07:02:36)

# 4   2009-08-25 14:23:47 Primer2 Problems

tkj

I've tried to see if I could fix the loose LCD display - and I think I have found what is causing the LCD to be so loose!
The PCB is very loose, but the screws can't be tightnened more - it's like the washer is to thin!

I'm very dissapointed about the quality, and I won't recommend this product right now, as it's got to many mechanical problems!

Last edited by tkj (2009-08-25 14:27:02)

Board footer