/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Unable to load C:\Program\Raisonance\Ride\Bin\CortexDRV.dll

Username:     
Password:     

Forum
  • Index
  •  » STM32 primer
  •  » Unable to load C:\Program\Raisonance\Ride\Bin\CortexDRV.dll

# 1   2009-08-11 18:09:07 Unable to load C:\Program\Raisonance\Ride\Bin\CortexDRV.dll

janne

Unable to load C:\Program\Raisonance\Ride\Bin\CortexDRV.dll

Ride7 v 7.16.0000
Windows 2000
STM32 Primer2

When I try to start Debug I get the above message. Same problem when I try to run RFlasher7.

Debug output is "Unable to connect to the target".

The file is there, 1040384 byte created 2009-01-30 11:38:18.

/Janne

# 2   2009-08-12 07:58:50 Unable to load C:\Program\Raisonance\Ride\Bin\CortexDRV.dll

VincentC
Administrator

Re: Unable to load C:\Program\Raisonance\Ride\Bin\CortexDRV.dll

Hi,

First, please note that we don't test our software on Win2000 anymore. That means we cannot guarantee that it will work in all cases. However, until now it has always worked...

Please tell us the version of your RKit-ARM kit. Also, your Ride kit is not the latest version, and I guess it's the same for your RKit-ARM. For sure you should try using the latest versions of the kits, that you can download from the Raisonance website.

Best Regards,

Vincent

# 3   2009-08-12 08:32:09 Unable to load C:\Program\Raisonance\Ride\Bin\CortexDRV.dll

janne

Hi,

The version is: http://stm32circle.com/resources/downlo … r_BN14.zip
downloaded yesterday.

I can understand that you are reluctant to support W2k but in the requirements you list W2k, XP and Vista. As I don't support Bill Gates anymore I was happy to see that I can use my old W2k laptop with Ride7. When W7 is out I guess W2k will be dropped.

Is there an older version available somewhere that I can try? Or some other workaround? Or Linux support just around the corner? Ok, I understand, we don't live in the best of worlds yet.

/Janne

# 4   2009-08-12 08:54:25 Unable to load C:\Program\Raisonance\Ride\Bin\CortexDRV.dll

VincentC
Administrator

Hi,

This version is quite old. It looks like the CD image on the CircleOS website has not been updated recently. We will check that.

Please download and install the Ride7 and RKit-ARM kits from the Raisonance website:
http://www.mcu-raisonance.com/mcu_downloads.html

If you still have the problem after you have Ride7 version 7.22.09.0203 and RKit-ARM version 1.20.09.0154, then I will try to find an old PC and install W2000 on it.

Note that older versions would probably work better on W2000, but do not support the STM32F103VET6 that is in the Primer2... so it will not be of any use for you.

Best Regards,

Vincent

# 5   2009-08-12 16:16:39 Unable to load C:\Program\Raisonance\Ride\Bin\CortexDRV.dll

janne

Hi,

Thank you for your help. The initial tests look promising.

I read in the release notes:
"Raisonance tool sets and Ride7 operate on Windows Vista (including 64-bits) and Windows XP. Other versions of Windows, including Windows 2000 and Windows Server, are not supported."

In other words: Stop beeing a Grumpy Old Man and get a newer OS. I think I will buy a second hand ThinkPad with XP for projects like this...

/Janne

• Index
  •  » STM32 primer
  •  » Unable to load C:\Program\Raisonance\Ride\Bin\CortexDRV.dll

Board footer