/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Black screen, no RLINK USB comms

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2009-07-16 09:39:20 Black screen, no RLINK USB comms

RFAWM

Black screen, no RLINK USB comms

Hi Everyone,

I'm kind of new to CircleOS and I've downloaded a few applications and tried compiling and installing them.

I have the Primer1. I tried to install  tetris application I found posted here and after doing so, the menu failed to show upon pressing the button. I then reloaded the CircleOs usinf the software reset directives in the user mnaual. It worked, however showed no applications in the menu.

I tried to install another one called labyrinth and during the upload, Rlink lost communications. The screen remained black. I pulled off the battery jumper and reconnected it, and upon pressing the button , the backlight turns on, the green LED flashes but the display stays black. I tried uploading the OS again however even the command prompt directives can't establish communications with the device.

Do I need an STM32 Jtag programmer to recoover this unit?

Thanks,

Martin

# 2   2009-07-16 12:14:30 Black screen, no RLINK USB comms

matloub

Re: Black screen, no RLINK USB comms

Hi

This seems to be a battery issue.
Had you recharged fully the battery before making a trail without jumper?
Can you confirm it is not wroking even with the jumper?

Regards,
Matloub

# 3   2009-07-16 22:30:30 Black screen, no RLINK USB comms

RFAWM

Thanks matloub,

It was fully charged and the only way I could turn it off was to remove the jumper.

Same behaviour when plugged in through the Debug port only. I read some posts and performed some simple voltage measuremetns on the USB and everything seemed to check out ok.

The second MCU, U4, what is it's function? Based on teh schematic, it appears that it is the interface between the STM32 and the USB port. Has anyone ever had this IC loose it's firmware?

Martin

matloub :

Hi

This seems to be a battery issue.
Had you recharged fully the battery before making a trail without jumper?
Can you confirm it is not wroking even with the jumper?

Regards,
Matloub

# 4   2009-07-17 06:37:15 Black screen, no RLINK USB comms

Francis
Administrator

Primer1 can work without the battery. The communications issues look strange. The problems occur often with the driver installation (but it does not work at all). In your case, it seems that the communication is not very stable, and we never saw that. Thus, it could be either a problem with the cable, or with the load of th eUSB. Do you have some other devices connected to your USB port (through a hub?).

# 5   2009-07-17 23:30:58 Black screen, no RLINK USB comms

RFAWM

Thanks Francis,

I don't use hubs in my machine, but I've managed to recover it.

I believe the error occured when I tried to load an application using the RFlasher7 utility. Upon trying to load the Primer1 Chess application, the error occured and the unit lost communications.

I uninstalled the Ride7 environment and installed the original version that was bundled with the unit, containing the V1.7 OS. I managed to load this and then upgraded to 3.3 by re-installing the latest IDE. It seems to work now.

I haven't been able to find much documentation regarding the RFlashe7 utility. Can it be used for application management? Ride7 and Rflasher7 look very similar. What are their differences and functions?

Thanks again for your help!

Martin

Francis :

Primer1 can work without the battery. The communications issues look strange. The problems occur often with the driver installation (but it does not work at all). In your case, it seems that the communication is not very stable, and we never saw that. Thus, it could be either a problem with the cable, or with the load of th eUSB. Do you have some other devices connected to your USB port (through a hub?).

# 6   2009-07-20 12:49:21 Black screen, no RLINK USB comms

matloub

Hi

I suggest you use latest version of our software Ride7 and RKit-ARM
http://www.mcu-raisonance.com/free_mcu_downloads.html

After this you will find under installation directory "ride\doc\GettingStartedRFlasher7.pdf"

To sum up Ride7 is for develpment purpose and RFlasher7 is for massive programing purppose.

Regards,
Matloub

Board footer