/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / loading apps into CircleOS v1.7

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2007-12-03 19:47:53 loading apps into CircleOS v1.7

yikes

loading apps into CircleOS v1.7

I'm having problems loading demo apps into the Primer when updated to run CircleOS v1.7. I can recompile using the new circle.elf & fat.elf files, load and run fine from the RIDE7 debugger (running the level tutorial & breakout apps for example).

I then load the app using the 'circle_mgr A'  function. The unit dies when I try to start something from the Applic. menu. The original app loaded from the RIDE debugger works fine. Niether debug nor release built apps work from the Applic. menu. Doing a circle_mgr L (list) shows the one working app then gives FAT address out of range errors &, my favorite, the 'error 200 - no error currently' error.

I take it there are other things I need to edit in the projects besides just using the new elf files.

Any ideas?

Thanks - Steve

# 2   2007-12-05 06:17:45 loading apps into CircleOS v1.7

TroyC3

Re: loading apps into CircleOS v1.7

Steve,

I know it works I was able to follow the great level tutorial with great success.
I have also updated the OS to 1.7 and was able to upload the applications  maze,breakout and mems to the device using the batch file found inside the Apps zip file.

The only suggestion that I have is perhaps you need to download the latest cd from this website and install the latest RIDE7.

Troy

# 3   2007-12-05 07:47:33 loading apps into CircleOS v1.7

Francis
Administrator

Once or twice, I encountered the same problem, but it was not reproducible.
Try to remove shutdown, then to disconnect/reconnect the battery (jumper). It could be that the cause would be in the value of the "last launched application" that is saved in the backup registers.

# 4   2007-12-05 20:14:57 loading apps into CircleOS v1.7

yikes

It seems to write ok when I power-cycle between file loads. If I do not cycle, the next file loaded will error & lock up in the Applic. menu select. This sometimes happens even when running the soft reset via the cortec_pgm.

We're good to go now! Thanks again for the tips.

Steve

Board footer