/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Problems with Circle OS 3.7 Sourcecode?

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2009-06-24 12:59:22 Problems with Circle OS 3.7 Sourcecode?

repzak

Problems with Circle OS 3.7 Sourcecode?

Hello,

I have tried to download the source code to the OS 3.7 From:
http://www.stm32circle.com/resources/do … os_doc.zip

When i save this an open, and make, so i get the ELF file, i embed this to my project, my application is nort working, it says, 3.71 in about window.

If i then take this file from resources:
http://www.stm32circle.com/resources/do … pgrade.zip
I take the ELF file directly and embed to my project and every thing is working correctly, the same is true if i use the restore factory in this zip file and upload my *.lib file with circle_mgr...

Please i hope you can provide the information fast what the difference are and what is the most recent regarding the contest, and also if i have made a mistake??

Kasper

# 2   2009-06-24 14:15:43 Problems with Circle OS 3.7 Sourcecode?

repzak

Re: Problems with Circle OS 3.7 Sourcecode?

Hello,

Did you integrate Jedcodes fixes for the DOSFS into the ELF file laying in the resources and forgot to add it into the Source files there is public..??

Kasper

# 3   2009-06-24 15:20:04 Problems with Circle OS 3.7 Sourcecode?

yrt
Administrator
Website

Hi Kasper,

Could you be more explicit about your problem. Does the CircleOs running, what is the problem with your application ?

Concerning the DosFS fixes, they have not been added to the 3.71 version, and we could not update the public version until the contest is in progress.

Yves

# 4   2009-06-24 15:30:23 Problems with Circle OS 3.7 Sourcecode?

repzak

Hello,

It is difficult to explain, but i think there is a difference in the public source code and the ELF file in the http://www.stm32circle.com/resources/do … pgrade.zip

When i use the ELF file from the upgrade file, and load my application everything is correct.

Then if i use the ELF file from my own compilation of the 3.71 from the project site it does not work, it seems it is hanging in some SD card operations. Then if i overwrite the DOSFS file with jetcodes file in the 3.71 downloaded from project page, it works exactly like the ELF file in the upgrade file.

Therefore my conclusion the file in the upgrade must have the new DOSFS file?

I am just quite confused at the moment, but it will work with the file in the upgrade, and that must be what count or?

Kasper

# 5   2009-06-24 15:33:52 Problems with Circle OS 3.7 Sourcecode?

repzak

Just to specifi the problem a litle more, CircleOS starts i can start my applivation, but it hangs in some of the operations for SD card...

Kasper

# 6   2009-06-25 12:40:47 Problems with Circle OS 3.7 Sourcecode?

yrt
Administrator
Website

It seems that the difference between the sources and the upgrade.zip, is a buf fix in "dosfs.c", concerning the "DFS_Seek" function.

You can take a look to the post :
http://www.stm32circle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=609
where Francis gives the line to modify.

On the other hand, the Jedcodes fixes have NOT yet been integrated.

Yves

# 7   2009-06-25 13:10:10 Problems with Circle OS 3.7 Sourcecode?

repzak

Hello,

Oki, difficult for me to see, specially when they both have 3.71 as version number.

I believe it is ok for the contest with the DFS_Seek correction!

Kasper

Board footer