/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / News from Embedded World

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2009-03-06 14:22:52 News from Embedded World

Francis
Administrator

News from Embedded World

After one week in Nuremberg for the Embedded World exhibition, my feeling:

1. We have seen a huge interest for the STM32. And many announcements for new Cortex-M3 families... I am impressed by such a success.
  2. We also got a lot of congratulations for the Primers (1 & 2). Nice to hear because on this forum we see (above all) the problems...
  3. We met many developers who developed applications for Primer1 without posting them. It's a pity! (I would say 'a shame'...)
  4. Surprisingly, we met some customers who love Primer1 (and not so much Primer2 that seems to be to complex at their opinion). I understood that they also love the simplicity of the circle form factor, and the small price.
  5. Many customers want the prototyping extension board (they are trying to make some by themselves). We decided to make some stock at Raisonance, and to sell them within a set of 10 boards. At least it would be helpful for the universities... The price will be announced as soon as possible.

Thanks to all the visitors.. for their remarks, their congratulations and their suggestions.

Francis

# 2   2009-03-06 16:59:18 News from Embedded World

zwieblum

Re: News from Embedded World

ad 4) I'm not surprised. On the hardware side Primer 1 is easy to hack and works with OpenOCD and Linux. Primer 2 due to the higher integration and more parts is not that much fun soldering and it does not work with OpenOCD.

"Vista Rlink problems" has 6576 views
"Linux support" + "STM32, JTAG programming under Linux ?" have 6259 views.

I think there are a lot of people that would prefer Primer2 if it had OpenOCD support :-)

# 3   2009-03-09 15:00:54 News from Embedded World

Francis
Administrator

I don't remember if I met any customer during the show who requested OpenOCD.. Anyway it's nice that you developed a working solution...

For the Vista RLink problems, they came with the last SP from MS... All our old CDs (those that are in the box...)  could create the problem under the new SP for Vista, but the solution exists and has been explained by Vincent (even if it is tedious.). Now the new CD-ROM image available in the 'resource section' does not create any RLink problem, even with the latest SP for Vista.
Of course, the problem was exactly the same for both Primer1 and Primer2...

# 4   2009-06-14 17:38:46 News from Embedded World

cederom
Website

Oh yes, I got suprised that Primer2 is not supported by OpenOCD - why the hell it has different interface than Primer1 if it is still RLink cable inside???

# 5   2009-06-18 22:19:41 News from Embedded World

zwieblum

it uses swd instead of jtag. why? good question. anyway, it does not touch me anymore - I dumped primer2.

# 6   2009-06-20 15:24:05 News from Embedded World

Francis
Administrator

SWD has been used instead of JTAG to save the SPI/I2S  pins (used to access the audio device).

# 7   2009-06-22 11:45:26 News from Embedded World

micronpn
Website

A good thing may be to give some information to interface Primer2 to other IDE/debuggers because RIDE has some limitations.

Board footer