/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / What is this spam

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2009-06-06 13:57:42 What is this spam

djzorg

What is this spam

Today i have recive this mail in my box.

basilb from STM32circle forum has sent you a message. You can reply to basilb by replying to this e-mail.

The message reads as follows:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Excuse me for contacting you direct but you may be interested in this if you want a low-cost solution to remove the STM32 32k debug limit.  If you have exceeded the 32k starter kit limit (which is quite easy to do) I have an upgrade to the unlimited version of Primer1 or Primer2 for US$49, and R-Link Pro for $199 - MUCH less than usual!  The upgrade uses the same method to convert from the standard version (<32k) to Pro (no debug limit).  Just email me the serial number of your programmer and I email back a program that will unlock it - simple, quick, guaranteed - or your money back.  Please reply to stm32primer@gmail.com, I already have some very happy customers.  So why am I doing this?  Because most people that have bought a Primer1/2 or R-Link cannot afford the Pro upgrade.  By offering a low-cost alternative, more people will buy these tools, therefore making them more popular.  Help make STM32 open-source tools even more accessible!

--
STM32circle forum Mailer

What is it!!!

# 2   2009-06-06 14:12:36 What is this spam

tomkinsr
Website

Re: What is this spam

I got this today and it is a criminal offence.

Subject:     Remove 32k debug limitation from Primer1, 2 and R-Link
    Date:     June 6, 2009 4:45:06 AM EDT (CA)
    To:       zzz@zzz.zzz

basilb from STM32circle forum has sent you a message. You can reply to basilb by replying to this e-mail.

The message reads as follows:

Excuse me for contacting you direct but you may be interested in this if you want a low-cost solution to remove the STM32 32k debug limit.  If you have exceeded the 32k starter kit limit (which is quite easy to do) I have an upgrade to the unlimited version of Primer1 or Primer2 for US$49, and R-Link Pro for $199 - MUCH less than usual!  The upgrade uses the same method to convert from the standard version (<32k) to Pro (no debug limit).  Just email me the serial number of your programmer and I email back a program that will unlock it - simple, quick, guaranteed - or your money back.  Please reply to stm32primer@gmail.com, I already have some very happy customers.  So why am I doing this?  Because most people that have bought a Primer1/2 or R-Link cannot afford the Pro upgrade.  By offering a low-cost alternative, more people will buy these tools, therefore making them more popular.  Help make STM32 open-source tools even more accessible!

--
STM32circle forum Mailer

# 3   2009-06-06 14:33:20 What is this spam

tomkinsr
Website

My guess is that someone has hacked into the forum somehow and harvested the E-mail addresses. I come to this conclusion in that I have not posted here before, nor have I interacted via E-mail with anyone in any of the forums and so the only way the perp could have obtained my E-mail address is through hacking.

As far as I am concerned, the E-mail represents an act of fraud which is a criminal offence.

Anyone that would do this is themselves condoning a criminal act.

In addition, anyone participating in this criminal activity is a moron.

# 4   2009-06-06 15:10:28 What is this spam

djzorg

tomkinsr i think that what you saids it is true.
So i hope that a moderator will see that...

# 5   2009-06-06 17:31:07 What is this spam

Francis
Administrator

It seems that most of the users of this forum have received the same email (I didn't...).
I guess that he has built a robot to send emails through the forum. Anyway, reselling a hacked version of the tools is criminal.

# 6   2009-06-06 19:08:57 What is this spam

djzorg

Francis :

It seems that most of the users of this forum have received the same email (I didn't...).
I guess that he has built a robot to send emails through the forum. Anyway, reselling a hacked version of the tools is criminal.

Yes it is why i post on this forum, in order to said to you this probleme

# 7   2009-06-06 20:46:10 What is this spam

Eselchen

I've received this on May 26th and told Raisonance on 27th. So i think, for it's not in their sense, they should look for that.
It's clear, that's not an legal way to get off the 32k limit...

# 8   2009-06-06 23:38:26 What is this spam

NickK

I got this too, today. Although I'd like to have 'free' tools I would never try to cheat (after all i am a software engineer too!)
And I certainly wouldn't pay someone to hack a licence.

It's obviously a scam and I hope the people behind it get what's coming to them.

Nick.

# 9   2009-06-07 14:45:40 What is this spam

gussenhovenS
Administrator

Hello everyone,
First, please accept my appologies for the intrusion on your email.

Thank you for your support of the Raisonance engineers who developed and support Primer and Primer2.

I posted Raisonance's official response (http://www.stm32circle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=702) and have contacted the person who is responsible for this mailing.

Please do let us know if you receive further mails like this.

Thank you again for your support.

# 10   2009-06-08 07:25:12 What is this spam

Francis
Administrator

About emails: we just improved the security of the website by adding an anti-robot mechanism. We also remove the access to the list of the registered users.
Now, the persons who have sent posts could still be accessible by email. But they can disable the reception of emails by modifying their profile (see "Hide your e-mail address and disallow form e-mail" in 'Privacy' section).

# 11   2009-06-08 07:27:41 What is this spam

iotize
Administrator

Hi,

We added a new system on the email form to filter spam sent by email robot, you now need to type a random code before sending the email.
We have also removed the user-list.

Another way to limit email is to check "Hide your e-mail address and disallow form e-mail." in your profile.

Ben

# 12   2009-06-08 08:31:41 What is this spam

qayqaywsx

Hi,
I just wanted to add me to the "recieved this criminal spam"-list.
I recieved it on saturday the 6/6/09

Last edited by qayqaywsx (2009-06-08 08:32:16)

Board footer