/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Primer1 simple revival/upgrade with improved functionality.

Username:     
Password:     

Forum
  • Index
  •  » STM32 primer
  •  » Primer1 simple revival/upgrade with improved functionality.

# 1   2009-05-20 19:49:52 Primer1 simple revival/upgrade with improved functionality.

zetaursae

Primer1 simple revival/upgrade with improved functionality.

Due to it's good Karma, I propose Primer1 be "reincarnated" to a new and better life with new upgraded chips from STM32F105/107 series.

In particular I refer to the new STM32F105RCT6 /STM32F107RCT6    in   LQFP64 package.
To the best of my knowledge, I checked pin/functions compatibility for the old STM32F103RB1 and the new STM32F105RCT6 / and there seems to be a perfect match.
All it takes is to replace the MCU with NO CHANGE in the PCB or schematics and it's an all a new game.

I spent the time to create a table highlighting  the new extra functions that would be available at the expansion connector after upgrade, and that is on top of  the 256 KB Flash/64 SRAM and OTG USB.

In brief :
Up to 2 CAN , 2 DAC, and some new timers  become available with no overlap.
It could actually be more versatile (in some cases) than Primer2 considering that some of it's interfaces are occupied by the audio codecs.

IF production is restarted with the new chips, I suggest to also have the connectors soldered and 1 or 2 matching connectors and/or proto-boards included in the box (would not break the bank for sure, but save a lot of time to users).

Ethernet on a teeny-weeny Primer1 ??? Why not? That would be a riot!!
For a long distance mini-display/ digital instrument indicator, for example ?
STM32F107RCT6 has Ethernet as an extra feature compared to STM32F105.
I am still working on checking if all wires for Ethernet can be traced to connector. It seems so!http://www.ptp-images.com/mini/rscho09178.jpghttp://www.ptp-images.com/mini/rschc9cea0.jpg

• Index
  •  » STM32 primer
  •  » Primer1 simple revival/upgrade with improved functionality.

Board footer