/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Running USB demos on Primer2

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2009-01-28 14:07:30 Running USB demos on Primer2

dzingoni

Running USB demos on Primer2

Hi everybody, I'm trying to run the STM32F103RB USB developer kit examples (taken from the ST site) on the primer 2.
I examined the code, and saw that it's for two different evaluation boards, but I thought that at least the "USB recognition" part of the code should run (in ther words, if I program the Primer 2 with the Audio Device demo, for instance, I should get a device that when plugged with the STM32 mini USB port should appear as an audio device, surely not working due to the different codec, but at least recognized).
Instead I get nothing. The demos compile well (i choose the RIDE version of the projects), I can also debug the code (I see it in single step) but at the PC side nothing appears.
The same happens exactly in the same way with the other demos (Virtual Com port, JoystickMouse ....). It's like the PC is unable to see anything new attaching at the USB. The cable is fine, I can recharge the Primer 2 using the STM32 port.
What can I do now?

# 2   2009-01-28 15:11:01 Running USB demos on Primer2

Francis
Administrator

Re: Running USB demos on Primer2

Porting their demos requires to modify the clock comfiguration (12MHz for Primer2, 8MHz for their demo boards). To see how the project has to be modified, download the Mouse project (or the Primer2 test). You will see the IO port configuration and the clock settings as well.

# 3   2009-02-07 19:22:55 Running USB demos on Primer2

sjoerd

I ported the USB Mass storage example. Check it here: http://www.stm32circle.com/projects/project.php?id=57

# 4   2009-05-02 11:30:24 Running USB demos on Primer2

elonmi

I tried to compile USB mass storage v1.1 project and get following
warnings:

C:\Program Files\Raisonance\Ride\Examples\ARM\Primer\Downloads\USB-Mass-storage-1.1\USBMassStorageApp\USBMassStorage\src\hw_config.c:148: warning: passing argument 2 of '(u32 (*)(u32,  u32))(*ptrCircle_API)[185]' makes integer from pointer without a cast 
C:\Program Files\Raisonance\Ride\Examples\ARM\Primer\Downloads\USB-Mass-storage-1.1\USBMassStorageApp\USBMassStorage\src\hw_config.c:158: warning: passing argument 2 of '(u32 (*)(u32,  u32))(*ptrCircle_API)[185]' makes integer from pointer without a cast 
C:\Program Files\Raisonance\Ride\Examples\ARM\Primer\Downloads\USB-Mass-storage-1.1\USBMassStorageApp\USBMassStorage\src\hw_config.c:168: warning: passing argument 2 of '(u32 (*)(u32,  u32))(*ptrCircle_API)[185]' makes integer from pointer without a cast 

I can not figure out what is problem with USB interrupt handling ?

Board footer