/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / The original title for this thread should have been

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2009-04-04 17:48:24 The original title for this thread should have been (project: PlayWav 1.1)

jetcode

The original title for this thread should have been (project: PlayWav 1.1)

cannot playback in RecWav application ... I can't find where I loaded that project from but moving on.

I am using a 2G PNY microSD card. I remember having memory problems with another platform because 2G clusters are 32k wide instead of 4k wide. I perused the file system but haven't analyzed each line of code yet.

I now have the PlayWav application up in Ride7 (debug) and all I get for any file I select .wav or .rec is a sine wave (more like a distorted sine wave) and lockout from CircleOS. I have to execute a start to reprogram the flash and run to clear the program and get to CircleOs. I am new to this platform is there a better reset mechanism in case of lockup? Also I had to move the .elf files to the proper location as requested by project path. Curious are all applications to be built and executed in release mode only? Is there a .bat loader for the released version? I couldn't find it.

Are there any beginner materials to get more familiar with the debug/release processes?
Joe

# 2   2009-04-04 19:11:23 The original title for this thread should have been (project: PlayWav 1.1)

Francis
Administrator

Re: The original title for this thread should have been (project: PlayWav 1.1)

Did you reprogram your Primer with CircleOS 3.7 ? The RecWav application works only with the last published CircleOS (published also last Thursday).

# 3   2009-04-05 06:50:33 The original title for this thread should have been (project: PlayWav 1.1)

jetcode

The CircleOS release I am using is 3.7.1

# 4   2009-04-05 07:59:27 The original title for this thread should have been (project: PlayWav 1.1)

Francis
Administrator

3.7.1 is the correct version. We used different 2G SD card and we didn't have such problems.
Did you try the USB-MS to check the access to the SD card (it's now embedded in the main menu) ?

# 5   2009-04-05 19:38:07 The original title for this thread should have been (project: PlayWav 1.1)

jetcode

Francis,

I was able to get the USB mass storage working perfectly and read the STM32 based SD card on my Vista x64 platform. I need to get the STM32 Pro version because I need the extension adapter and I want the ability to break during a hang. I have some great applications that I've been wanting to develop for several years now. I am impressed by the OS. It's clean, well written, and simple in design. All the signs of a quality product.

I need to spend more time getting inside to the OS to get the answers I am looking for.

Thanks,
Joe

Last edited by jetcode (2009-04-06 03:34:44)

# 6   2009-04-06 06:39:34 The original title for this thread should have been (project: PlayWav 1.1)

Francis
Administrator

I was able to get the USB mass storage working perfectly

Ok. Thus the problem is NOT within the SD card. USB-MS and the dictaphone call the same routines.

I need to get the STM32 Pro version

It is available from the Raisonance web site:
http://www.mcu-raisonance.com/~stm32-pr … 4d47e.html

Note that Raisonance will soon resell the extension boards only (packaged by 10). They should be available in week 17.

# 7   2009-04-06 20:30:19 The original title for this thread should have been (project: PlayWav 1.1)

jetcode

I did a fresh flash of 3.7.1 and was able to navigate the menus to find and execute both PlayWav and RecWav. The applications work as expected.

Last edited by jetcode (2009-04-06 22:25:26)

• Index
  •  » Comments
  •  » The original title for this thread should have been

Board footer