/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / MEMs to replace a Gyroscope

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2009-03-18 13:50:19 MEMs to replace a Gyroscope

octal8

MEMs to replace a Gyroscope

Hello,
I have discovered the Primer2 board last week, and I ordered one the same day smile I was really really very very very impressed by this board desing, packaging, possibilities and features.
I received mine today and I'm really very happy smile

Congratulation to all Raisonnance team. Keep us with this great work.

Well,
I'm still learning the way to implement applications on CircleOS. I have seen that the MEMs sensor acts as an accelerometer. I wanted to ask if I can use this device to replace a gyro?

I need to have a buble level meter that gives the angle from horizontal plane (along X and along Y). Is it possible to define a zero position, (horizontal position on plane table), and to get the angle of the Primer2 from the MEMs sensor?

Thank you for your help.

Regards

Last edited by octal8 (2009-03-18 13:50:49)

# 2   2009-03-18 14:06:00 MEMs to replace a Gyroscope

Francis
Administrator

Re: MEMs to replace a Gyroscope

Look at the tutorial project (it mimics a bubble level). You will find it at:
http://www.stm32circle.com/projects/project.php?id=53
On the principle, yes, you can easy convert the information from the MEMS into angular information.
I also suggest a very good project:
http://www.stm32circle.com/projects/project.php?id=40
Note that if you have downloaded the upgrade for CircleOS (recommended), you will have this project if you run the batch file 'Restore...'.

# 3   2009-03-18 14:44:56 MEMs to replace a Gyroscope

octal8

Re: MEMs to replace a Gyroscope

Thank you Francis,
I'll check the tutorials today to learn how to make applications work under CircleOS. I'll also upgrade my OS now.

Regards

Board footer