/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Another Build Failed problem

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2009-03-08 05:54:43 Another Build Failed problem

blackbird

Another Build Failed problem

Hi.

I am a newbie. Spent all day getting the RLink driver to work, and now I have run into this problem.

After doing a default installation from the CD how can I possibly get an "unknown tool" error. I must admit that this has been the longest and most frustrating installation of a simple starter kit I have ever experienced. 

Windows XP w/SP3

Building C:\Program Files\Raisonance\Ride\Examples\ARM\Primer\STM32\toggle_with_CircleOS\src\toggle_with_CircleOS.c
Running: GCC
\"C:\Program Files\Raisonance\Ride\arm-gcc\bin\arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe" -MD -D_STM32F103RBT6_ -D_STM3x_ -D_STM32x_ -mthumb   -mcpu=cortex-m3 "C:\Program Files\Raisonance\Ride\Examples\ARM\Primer\STM32\toggle_with_CircleOS\src\toggle_with_CircleOS.c" -o "C:\Program Files\Raisonance\Ride\Examples\ARM\Primer\STM32\toggle_with_CircleOS\objdebug\toggle_with_CircleOS.o" -I "." -I "C:\Program Files\Raisonance\Ride\Lib\ARM\include" -I "./src" -c     -fsigned-char  -g          -ffunction-sections         -mlittle-endian

Unknown tool: GCC

Build failed

Say what?????

# 2   2009-03-09 09:54:04 Another Build Failed problem

matloub

Re: Another Build Failed problem

Hi

For the RLink driver, the install can sometimes be difficult because you have to take in account
the windows system possibilities and Jungo driver version and all updates and sometimes even the order in which actions are done by users.
So the install happens often without any problem and sometimes need some workaround.

But Ride7 and RKit-ARM software install is something which should not be a source of issues.

The laste CD version to use can be found on this website in http://www.stm32circle.com/resources/stm32primer2.php (CD ROM IMAGE)
You can check that you have the last version from Help about Ride7 (Ride7 version 7.16.000 and RKitARM version 1.16.0930)

This CD has been tested and is used by others customer.

We can try to solve the problem so you can start working with your primer.

The message you received means that "C:\Program Files\Raisonance\Ride\arm-gcc\bin\arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe" is not found.

Can you verify if the file exist and if the "C:\Program Files\Raisonance\Ride\arm-gcc\bin" has been added to your path?

Regards,
Matloub

# 3   2009-03-10 05:17:47 Another Build Failed problem

blackbird

Matloub,

Thanks for the help. This version of the software seems better. The Primer 2 loaded the new program just fine, so I thought I was past the problems.

I am now on to a new problem. I have been trying to build the simple "hello" project. As soon as I click to have the project created I get a "Script Error - Line 8" "Permission Denied" Error. Any ideas on this one?

Thanks

# 4   2009-03-10 13:54:18 Another Build Failed problem

matloub

Hi

Ok I hope we can solve this one cery fast and it will be the last one for this starting.
But you need to be precise in your problem description so other users and my self can help you.

First precise which project you are talking about with either a link to the place you have found this project or the path if it is in ride7 standard install.

Can you let me know if you have this build error with every projects or only this one.
If it was only a project problem it would be easier to solve.

Regards,
Matloub

# 5   2009-03-11 01:06:04 Another Build Failed problem

blackbird

Matloub - No problem. The project I am trying to do is the simple "Hello World" program included in the Primer 2 Quick-Start. Nothing more than letting the IDE create a CircleOS framework. Since my last post I did get it to work by twisting the PC board in the Primer 2 enclosure. If I put pressure on just the right spot I can occasionally get it to talk reliably to the Ride IDE. I am pretty sure at this point that my problems are power supply related. Inside the Primer 2 I saw where a lot of rework had taken place trying to get the power supplies to stabilize, and an internal part of the switch was even broken off.  With a scope I can see that there are huge amounts of ripple on the supply lines (>400mV). I have also seen other symptoms: the clock resets to 00.00.00 randomly, the power-on audio message plays whenever it feels I need a comforting voice, and the battery meter on the LCD shows a blinking 1/2 charged indicator most of the time. I think this one is a paperweight ;-)

# 6   2009-03-11 07:55:28 Another Build Failed problem

Francis
Administrator

an internal part of the switch was even broken off

If you cannot repair it, we'll contact you by email to see how to proceed to replace it.
Francis

Board footer