/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Library as circle application...?

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2009-02-21 13:17:39 Library as circle application...?

repzak

Library as circle application...?

Hello,

I am quite new to this stuff here, and have some ideas/questions..

1. As i understand it the 32kb lower flash can be debugged, and most of the circleos is in the lower 24kb and constants are in the high end of flash...
Are there non debugable code there as well?
Can i change more of the circle is to non-debug able for development and get more than 8k for the appication?
Can i use the source for the circle os and create my abbplication in that project and debug everything, or is it only possible to have 32kb max sorces in the project and the rest must be linked like an elf file for i can debug?

2. could it be possible to make an application that can be laoded by circleos, which actually are a library of app. 40k non debugable code?

3. I have looked into the application and circleos and can see the application calls functions in the circleos frem an external array of function pointers... could i do something like this with an library?

I am in litle in doubt how i can get my 40kb library running without debug in primer2, and if it is possible to get more than 8kb debug code in my application??

Hope my questions are clear

I am hardware engineer, so please take it easy on me smile

Kasper

# 2   2009-02-21 17:01:02 Library as circle application...?

Francis
Administrator

Re: Library as circle application...?

1. Yes, you can move some part to the upper memory. With Primer1, it's quite easy to get 8KB more. For the Primer2, we already moved the code that is not called by the application thru the API. But if you call only a few functions, you could move the others.
2. Yes... Your application can be linked with a library. At the end, the best way is to add your application in the library in order to make it compatible with the 'addtocircle' batch files.
3. The best is to keep your library with your application.

Board footer