/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Making the MEMS sensor act like buttons

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2007-11-04 22:15:08 Making the MEMS sensor act like buttons

raptorguy

Making the MEMS sensor act like buttons

My program requires 4 input buttons.  I want to tilt the Circle either up, down, left or right to simulate the four button presses.  What is the best way to do this?

Thanks

James

# 2   2007-11-05 08:54:50 Making the MEMS sensor act like buttons

Francis
Administrator

Re: Making the MEMS sensor act like buttons

If you don't use the pointer in your program, you can use the pointer to select a "virtual button on the screen" then the single button could be consiodered. It's what we do in the menu selection (or in the time setting...).

# 3   2007-11-05 11:50:21 Making the MEMS sensor act like buttons

raptorguy

Thanks Francis.

Yes I could do that, I was initially thinking that I could tilit it one way to 'press a button' and then centre it to release, but using the menu function is a good idea.

James

# 4   2007-11-05 15:45:26 Making the MEMS sensor act like buttons

Francis
Administrator

I believe that we have to invent the handling of the MEMS to replace a set of buttons, but it's not so easy...
I already tried to make -as an option- the replacement of the existing button (for the menu selection) by a kind of double-click detected by the MEMS, but it was not very easy to use. It has been removed (waiting for a better solution).

Board footer