/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / CircleOS with standard LCD ?

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2007-10-31 16:44:16 CircleOS with standard LCD ?

matiasnabarro

CircleOS with standard LCD ?

Hello, I'm new to the forum, I'd like to know if there is a possibility to port CircleOS to other variants of hardware, )i.e. other LCD with KS108 ctrl).
Regards!!

# 2   2007-10-31 17:10:23 CircleOS with standard LCD ?

Francis
Administrator

Re: CircleOS with standard LCD ?

The CircleOS is not a RTOS, but a simple scheduler with several low level functions to interface the different hardware components of the STM32 Primer.
Of course, you can get some parts of the source files to reuse them, but I think that it does not make sense to port the overall CircleOS.
We call it "OS" for the followings reasons:
   - it offers a "multi-application" context,
   - it provides the low-level services through a standard API
In the future it could be improved to support multi-tasking... but at this time, it does not,

# 3   2007-10-31 18:25:15 CircleOS with standard LCD ?

matiasnabarro

Francis I understand that CircleOS is focused on PRIMER hardware. I think it may be reusable in other hardware. I believe it's a good starting point to develop a "real world" application using STM32, since several low level functions are provided by the OS. As a first (and maybe only) thing to change, is the LCD routines, because I don't know if that LCD screen is avaliable for purchasing. I think that porting the LCD routines to any standard controller based LCD would be a great help for some people like me that may be interested in using the basic hardware model, but adapted to the components we can buy, each in its country of origin (Argentina in my case).  Thank you for the explanation.

# 4   2007-11-01 02:16:25 CircleOS with standard LCD ?

dalewheat
Website

Here's an LCD that's very similar and quite attractively priced (for single quantities):

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/produc … ts_id=8498

Spark Fun is based in Colorado USA.  They ship internationally.  They have lots of other nice gizmos as well.

Board footer