/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / How to update CircleOS ?II < for less than talented users like me..>

Username:     
Password:     

Forum
  • Index
  •  » circleOS
  •  » How to update CircleOS ?II < for less than talented users like me..>

# 1   2009-01-15 21:54:19 How to update CircleOS ?II < for less than talented users like me..>

samarkh

How to update CircleOS ?II < for less than talented users like me..>

Can some one please help me with a step-by-step, hand held, Dummies Guide to.., how to upgrade CircleOS.
Having downloaded the latest CircleOS version 3.3 and unzipping it to the directory "[Ride7_INSTALL_DIR]\Lib\ARM", I get a fresh directory "C:\Program Files\Raisonance\Ride\Lib\ARM\Circle". Do I rename this as CircleOS? or is there a better way?

Yours Simon M.

# 2   2009-01-16 07:27:40 How to update CircleOS ?II < for less than talented users like me..>

Francis
Administrator

Re: How to update CircleOS ?II < for less than talented users like me..>

We will publish today a note to explain how to upgrade. The information will be in the description of the project.
At the moment, the ZIP files contains only the source files. We have to add the specific directories required for the update.

# 3   2009-01-16 10:27:29 How to update CircleOS ?II < for less than talented users like me..>

samarkh

Many Thanks Francis for all your patience!

Yours Simon M.

# 4   2009-01-16 13:17:38 How to update CircleOS ?II < for less than talented users like me..>

samarkh

When you do, can you put the link up on this forum as a sticky?
Yours Simon M.

# 5   2009-01-16 15:27:10 How to update CircleOS ?II < for less than talented users like me..>

Francis
Administrator

At the moment, you can got to the resources|STM32-Primer2 section and download the Primer2_Upgrade file. It contains a readme.txt that gives the main information. BTW, we are also adding general information on a new page...

# 6   2009-01-16 23:03:59 How to update CircleOS ?II < for less than talented users like me..>

samarkh

Nope, Still cant get it.
Downloaded 3.3,
removed my old <Lib\Arm\CircleOS> directories,
Downloaded Primer2_Upgrade.zip, ran it. (That ran OK)
unzipped 3.3 in to <Lib\Arm\> producing <circle> sub directory
Ran the Primer2_Circle.rprj, & Circle.rprj, with out errors.
What do I do now?

Yours Simon M.

# 7   2009-01-17 10:09:20 How to update CircleOS ?II < for less than talented users like me..>

Francis
Administrator

See: http://www.stm32circle.com/resources/upgrade.php

I don't understand what you mean by 'upgrade'. If you just want to update the firmware on your Primer2, download the 'Primer2_upgrade.zip, not the source files.
If you want to upgrade the firmware within your RIDE environment, copy from this ZIP file the ELF file and copy it into your RIDE\LIB\ARM\CircleOS directory.

# 8   2009-01-17 14:37:35 How to update CircleOS ?II < for less than talented users like me..>

zwieblum

But what is the way to build and flash CircleOS 3.3 from the downloaded sources?

# 9   2009-01-19 15:51:59 How to update CircleOS ?II < for less than talented users like me..>

samarkh

Thanks Francis,
I've got it working now, or enough to get the started on the Tutorial.
What I've done is
1)    reinstall Ride7.
2)    Install CircleOS-3.3, this makes directory circle
3)    run the Primer2_Circle.rprj project in this directory (I don't know if this is required or not)
4)    Copy Primer2_Circle.elf from <install_Path>\Ride\Lib\ARM\Circle\OS\Primer2_obj\ to <install_Path>\Ride\Lib\ARM\CircleOS\
5)    Copy Primer2_Circle.elf from <install_Path>\Ride\Lib\ARM\Circle\OS\Primer2_obj\ to <install_Path>\Ride\Lib\ARM\CircleOS\
This allowed me start the Tutorial!

Now I don't know what the point of <install_Path>\Ride\Lib\ARM\Circle\OS\, can some one explain?

Yours Simon M.

# 10   2009-01-20 10:43:34 How to update CircleOS ?II < for less than talented users like me..>

Francis
Administrator

We will remove this point....

• Index
  •  » circleOS
  •  » How to update CircleOS ?II < for less than talented users like me..>

Board footer