/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Autostart

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2008-12-24 10:30:35 Autostart

zwieblum

Autostart

Is there a way to make an application for CircleOS, that gets launched automaticly after booting? I want to hide the Menu-stuff from the user so all he gets is a single application on a single device. Any easy way to do it?

# 2   2008-12-24 10:38:03 Autostart

Francis
Administrator

Re: Autostart

Right now, no solution (except modifying by yourself CircleOS). But it could be implemented in the next release of CircleOS (coming soon).
What do you think about the following solution:
  1. in standard mode, we start as usual, with the home page.
  2. when starting in a special condition (for example keeping the button pushed for a long time, or pushing one of the plastic button acting to the touchscreen), it starts automatically the last selected application.

# 3   2008-12-25 19:59:49 Autostart

zwieblum

Not quite what I need. I need the primer to boot to a defined application. A splashscreen with ST logo is no problem, as long as this is only by setting a initial image and then immediatly starting the application. A splascreen with a 1 second delay to start my defined application is a problem.

Just consider these applications: autopilot or pilot assistance device for RC planes or helicopters (I use atmega32 now). Or sensors (temperature, humidity, brightness ... I use avr butterfly for these now, with xbee for communitcation.

It is vital that the promer boots without human interaction to whatever application defined.

# 4   2008-12-25 20:07:19 Autostart

Francis
Administrator

My suggestion was to start without any human interaction:  I am suggesting to select this mode by starting with a specific button pressed at the starting time.  It could be also 'any point on the screen'.

# 5   2008-12-26 08:39:38 Autostart

Francis
Administrator

Another possibility (I prefer this one) would be to launch the last application by pushing the button that currently calls the 'configuration' menu. It could call the 'Configuration' menu when there is no application, and the last selected application when it exists. It seems to be simple, and useful for everybody.

# 6   2008-12-29 15:57:31 Autostart

Francis
Administrator

It has been implemented in the way described above.  In other words, the 'config' button allows to launch the lastly executed application. Thus you just need to push on the config button (only for Primer2) after powering ON the primer.

# 7   2008-12-30 06:36:18 Autostart

MCU2008

image2primer-1.0
This project requires Microsoft's .NET-Framework 2.0 or higher.

有没有windows xp 版本的?

# 8   2008-12-30 21:33:17 Autostart

zwieblum

Nice that this thing is implemented, but I still need a way to get an application running without user interaction on primer 1 and 2.

So the easiest way seams to be I modify that new function of CircleOS in a way, that "config button is pressed" is always true.

# 9   2009-01-08 05:38:27 Autostart

sandy

Hi! Was wondering - how about augmenting CircleOS so that if the Primer is switched off whilst an App is running, it can still appear to be running (ie auto re-launches) when you switch back on.

This could perhaps be implemented as follows:

1) Any App can set a flag to request that it be re-started on next power-up.

2) If the user powers down by holding the orange button while an App is running, and the "restart" flag has been set, then that App (the last App to run) will be relaunched on next Power-Up, with no further user interaction.

3) CircleOS might want to ensure that if the App exits nicely by calling MENU_Quit(); it will not re-launch on next power-up (ie CircleOS clears the flag).

All existing Apps behave as normal, as they will not be setting the flag.

Could be used, say, as a zero battery power pause feature in a game, just so long as the App can re-instate its state from somewhere non-volatile...

A function which let the App check whether it has been re-launched, as opposed to run from the menu would be handy.

enum MENU_code Application_Ini ( void ) {
    if( UTIL_AppRestartedAfterShutDown() )
        // If desired, reinstate, and resume App where it left off
    else
        // Initialise App for fist use

UTIL_RestartThisAppAtPowerUpIfShutDown( TRUE ) ; // Ask to be restarted
}

A luxury would be a call-back from CircleOS before it shuts down to enable the App to stuff its state somewhere before the power goes off!

Last edited by sandy (2009-01-08 06:35:05)

Board footer