/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Who include?

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2008-05-22 13:39:00 Who include?

yetoo

Who include?

Hello everybody.

I am doing my End of Studies Project and I need to modify some functions in the Circle OS but I cannot find where these functions' bodies are.
For example, there is a c file called buzzer.c which manage everything related to the buzzer. But this c file is not called in another main file or in a header or else. Is the RIDE that manage everything in this case?

Thanks

# 2   2008-05-22 16:21:34 Who include?

lou

Re: Who include?

yetoo :

Hello everybody.

I am doing my End of Studies Project and I need to modify some functions in the Circle OS but I cannot find where these functions' bodies are.
For example, there is a c file called buzzer.c which manage everything related to the buzzer. But this c file is not called in another main file or in a header or else. Is the RIDE that manage everything in this case?

Thanks

C files aren't called, per se.  They're not (usually) included the way that header files are.  C files get compiled to  object files which (depending on how they're linked) are either executables or get linked together to create executables.  It is the functions and data defined within the C files (and the object files that they compile into) that get referenced by others during linking.  If you have a program (such as nm or objdump) which shows such things, you can see the symbols defined in an object file.  You can also see the symbols that an object file expects to have fulfilled by another object file, library, etc.

As for compiling the C files and linking the objects together, that is what Makefiles/compilers/linkers and tools such as RIDE are for.

# 3   2008-05-23 06:54:19 Who include?

Francis
Administrator

OS but I cannot find where these functions' bodies are.
The OS is a separate application, not linked statically with yours. The 'dynamic link' is done through vector tables, at absolute addresses.
When debugging, RIDE load the both the OS and the application to debug.

# 4   2008-05-23 13:14:39 Who include?

kbe

Hello,

I need to develop a real time application, so, I decided to modify the source code of the OS..
If you need to work "inside" the OS, you can download the source code, you will find all the functions' bodies you need.
It is possible to add, modify, or delete functions, but, it's necessary to update the circle_api.h

Best regards!

Kbe.

Board footer