/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Ride7 ERROR [OPI Driver Error (ARM) "Code Size Limit Exceeded"

Username:     
Password:     

Forum
  • Index
  •  » STM32 primer
  •  » Ride7 ERROR [OPI Driver Error (ARM) "Code Size Limit Exceeded"

# 1   2009-09-11 13:42:10 Ride7 ERROR [OPI Driver Error (ARM) "Code Size Limit Exceeded"

matty

Ride7 ERROR [OPI Driver Error (ARM) "Code Size Limit Exceeded"

Just getting to grips with the primer 1 had if for a year never got round to it yet been using PIC microcontrollers at work until now.

Had sucsess in playing with the toggle application, adding the line to make it beep etc and creating a new application to display hellow world on the LCD following the manual.

Next I wanted to evaluate the ADC on pin 16 AIN2.

To set up an A/D converter on a PIC is fairly streight forward however on the STM32 it seemed impossibly complex.

For now I downloaded the ECG application code which uses AIN2 pin 16 I would just put a pot to this pin going from 0 to 3 v to pin 16AIN2 to test the A/D Input.

After successfully downloading the ECG project to the primer via Ride7 I started the ECG app and the Primer displayed | "version 1.6"|
                                           |  Required     |
                                           | "version 1.7"|

I then Followed instructions on UPdate circle os on the site

http://www.stm32circle.com/projects/fil … pgrade.zip

couldnt get version 1.7 so had to choose the above file for primer 1 update of circle OS

Followed the instructions updated the Circle OS using the .exe file and copy and pasted relevant files circle.elf cirle.hex etc as explained to the RIDE library

Now every time I go to debug an application in Ride7 (program the STM32)  even including the standard toggle example that worked fine previos to updating the circle OS  flash is erased programming starts then immidiatley the error is displayed in Ride7
code Size limit exceeded! |
                                      |
           _____                  |
          |ok___|                |
_____________________|

The primer then goes to sleep as has no program in it I can restart it with the factory default program by running the reinstall_stm32_primer_demo.bat file which does sucessfully put the origonal demo software back on it

but then back in Ride7 everytime any other program is attempted to be put on the Primer1 it just comes up with

OPI Driver Error (ARM) |
_____________________|
                                     |
code Size limit exceeded! |
                                      |
           _____                  |
          |ok___|                |
_____________________|

Any ideas annyone why it's happening was just getting into this thing stumped now would any help would be much appriciated.

Best Regards Matthew

• Index
  •  » STM32 primer
  •  » Ride7 ERROR [OPI Driver Error (ARM) "Code Size Limit Exceeded"

Board footer