/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Communication Protocols

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2009-08-29 02:55:14 Communication Protocols

RazorConcepts

Communication Protocols

I was looking forward to using the primer2 and its i2c and USART capabilities - but looking through CircleOS there is no code that supports these protocols. Am I looking in the wrong place? I am a first time ARM user and would not like to fiddle around with the low-level stuff as of yet, just looking for simple methods that initialize these communications, send bytes, etc etc. Thanks!

# 2   2009-08-30 04:20:44 Communication Protocols

ShadowPhoenix

Re: Communication Protocols

IF you look at the primer2 guide you will see a section for the outside connector. It has  i2c, USART, ADC, timer  and SPI (if you disable mic).

As for the software side look at http://www.stm32circle.com/projects/project.php?id=75 . In this project the guy is using USART2 I believe.

Also for the i2c I believe they already have the interrupt for it set, so yiou might just have to put data in buffer. However, make srue to check on datasheet first.

# 3   2009-08-31 07:28:48 Communication Protocols

Francis
Administrator

Re: Communication Protocols

For I2C, you will find in the forum several posts that report that it does not work on the extension port. You will find also the solution that consists in disabling/enabling the FSMC.

Board footer