/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / USB Mass Storage dont work with Primer 2 and Olimex STM32-H103

Username:     
Password:     

Forum
  • Index
  •  » STM32 Family
  •  » USB Mass Storage dont work with Primer 2 and Olimex STM32-H103

# 1   2009-05-26 14:57:27 USB Mass Storage dont work with Primer 2 and Olimex STM32-H103

Niceday

USB Mass Storage dont work with Primer 2 and Olimex STM32-H103

Hi,

i tried the USB mass storage example from the USB Lib with both a Primer 2 and an Olimex STM32-H103 board.  With both boards the PC shows an error message like 'USB device not  recognized'. Is there anybody which can give an advice how to solve this?

Thanks
Ralf

P.S. I put in the correct multipliers for RCC_PLLConfig and also changed the correct Disconnect  pin, of course. The virtual Com port example is working with both boards.

# 2   2009-05-26 16:48:39 USB Mass Storage dont work with Primer 2 and Olimex STM32-H103

Francis
Administrator

Re: USB Mass Storage dont work with Primer 2 and Olimex STM32-H103

For the Primer2, the latest version of CircleOS includes USB mass-storage (from the main menu, goto SD-Card, then PC). I use it very often, and it works with my cards.

# 3   2009-05-26 19:41:30 USB Mass Storage dont work with Primer 2 and Olimex STM32-H103

Saulis

Olimex board uses SPI card interface. It is a bit slower than a dedicated SD controller on Primer2 microcontroller(the difference is in size). Thus SD card MSD is working nice on primer2. I dont had any exerience on olimex board msd, because i used it only for internal file access

# 4   2009-05-27 05:44:46 USB Mass Storage dont work with Primer 2 and Olimex STM32-H103

Niceday

Thanks for the posts.

The aim of using this mass storage example was to check the proper function of the USB connection to have a base for further developing of applications which are using USB. I dont want to use the mass storage itself at the moment.

In the meantime i also tried the Virtual Com Port example. And with this example both boards will be properly recognized by Windows.

The basic USB initalization (clocks etc.) of both examples looks quite similar. It's clear that the rest of the initalization is different for virtual com port and mass storage due to the different modes. But for my understanding the basic initalization until Windows says 'New Hardware found' should be similar. So where is the difference in the two examples?   

Ralf

# 5   2009-05-27 06:51:41 USB Mass Storage dont work with Primer 2 and Olimex STM32-H103

Saulis

new hardware found is already to deep in modes. MSD basically uses HID as MSD mode. VCP uses a lot different communication mode and mostly near "bitbang". this means that there are commands in and out, while in hid there is cycle buffer for data communication, and thus a lot easier for hardware to handle data, but requires for user to determine const data structure, witch is reported on init.

# 6   2010-09-28 09:31:30 USB Mass Storage dont work with Primer 2 and Olimex STM32-H103

crowse

Hi Ralf
I have both H103 and Primer2 boards (and several others) but cannt even get Virtual Comport working (my dev machine is Vista). The only driver I can findthe ST site goes back to 2002 and reports installation problems. My searches point me to the USB lib zip and PDF - neither of which seem to have a driver or inf file. - do you know where I can find the latest windows Virtual comport driver?

I've looked at the clock issues discussed elsewhere, but am getting nowhere fast.

Is there any chance you could post a working stub for either / both these boards - I am using RIDE7, attolic and Eclipse

any help much appreciatred in advance
Chris

• Index
  •  » STM32 Family
  •  » USB Mass Storage dont work with Primer 2 and Olimex STM32-H103

Board footer